The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Sand Cherries

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: san pedro cacti| Next thread: sand dollar weeds »
Back to Thread index
by apples on April 19, 2004 05:51 PM
I decided to put this about the sand cherries so's to grab attention to the direct thing.
I'm going to make a hedge out of them. Is 2-3 feet to close together even though I'm going to be trimming them all the time. They grow 7 by 6 feet so They don't need to be that close I just wan't it to be raly dence.
Also what is the best compost to put in the holes I dig for them?
Thank you in advance.
Josh.

-
The answers will come when needed. Otherwise, I'm guesing time will make me feel silly.
by Chrissy on April 21, 2004 06:13 AM
I found this online...I have never planted them, but they say 2 to 3 feet apart is just right...
quote:
This ornamental shrub is especially valued for its hardiness and unique coloring. It is an asset to the landscape and a standout specimen shrub. This deciduous plant makes a wonderful hedge as well. Grows 7-8 feet tall, depending on pruning. Plant 2-3 feet apart for a hedge and best planted in full sun.
Here's where I got the info: Sand Cherries

-
 -
z5b
by apples on April 22, 2004 12:46 AM
Thanks alot Chrissy!
That's just what I needed to hear!!!
I wasn't shure either if the full sun was right but looks like they'll do great where I'm putting them. Those garden center people didn't know what they were talking about [Razz] . They told me to put them like 4-5 feet apart, good thing I'm still a rebelious teenager who listens to no one [devil] .
[Big Grin] Thanks again though [Wink] .

-
The answers will come when needed. Otherwise, I'm guesing time will make me feel silly.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: san pedro cacti| Next thread: sand dollar weeds »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: