The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

HELP!!!!!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Help!!!| Next thread: Help! »
Back to Thread index
by ChristinaC on April 13, 2005 11:14 PM
Hi everyone! [wayey]
I've been so busy packing and cleaning....whew...am I pooped! I'm moving on Friday. Anyway....any advise on how I can move my plants safely?? I'm so afraid of damaging them. Will they survive the move? How am I going to do this?!?! Any ideas? Thanks so much!
Christina

-
 -
by phoenix on April 13, 2005 11:29 PM
[wayey] christinac
how far do you have to go to reach the new place?
happy new home to you by the way [grin]
when i moved from one town/city to the next i had a big 1970 cutlas supreme and i would just load the car up with as many plants as i could (without smooshing them) and drive REAL slow to the new house. i don't know if that will work for you [dunno] i also ised a pickup truck for the real big ones hope that this is helpful [Wink]

-
 -
http://photobucket.com/albums/y203/lilpuppolo/
"If you want to talk bollocks and discuss the meaning of life,you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey.That way you're drunk by the time you start to take yourself seriously"
by ChristinaC on April 13, 2005 11:54 PM
Hi Phoenix
Our new home is about a 20min drive. My plants are only about 3 weeks old...still under the fluorescent lights. Temperature here right now is about 60F (15C)...think they'll be ok just puttin' them in the backseat? You think I should cover them? How old were your plants? Thanks for responding!!!!! [Smile]
Christina

-
 -
by phoenix on April 14, 2005 12:27 AM
omg all the plants i have range from less than a year to about 70 years old. if you let the car run for a few min with the heat running and maybe cover them with a towel or blanket i'll bet they will make the trip quite safely [grin]

-
 -
http://photobucket.com/albums/y203/lilpuppolo/
"If you want to talk bollocks and discuss the meaning of life,you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey.That way you're drunk by the time you start to take yourself seriously"
by Bill on April 15, 2005 12:24 AM
I would put them in covered cardboard boxes to keep them from getting a cold draft when you move them from the house to the car and get them back under warmth of their grow lights as quickly as possible and your seedlings should handle the move just fine.

P.S. Don't let them get TOO HOT in the car (i.e. parking in the sun)!

-
by ChristinaC on April 15, 2005 01:37 AM
Thanx Bill! I think thats exactly what I'll do.....hafta' remember to save some boxes.....didn't realize how much junk I had!! My plan is to pack them last and unload them first. Haha...leave the cat and the dog in the car, take care of the plants....I'm outta control [shocked] my plants are taking over me. [nutz]
Christina

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Help!!!| Next thread: Help! »
Back to Thread index