The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

transplant question

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Transplant a Camelia| Next thread: Transplant shock? »
Back to Thread index
by rozy221 on April 11, 2005 06:49 AM
Hi all! Haven't been around the site too much lately-been busy digging outside and then nursing my aching body [sleepy] But anyway, I've got my garden prepared and got a little overzealous and tried my luck at planting a couple of seeds today. I tried some cabbage, kale, beets, and 2 types of lettuce. Don't know if any of them will make it-now they're forcasting frost for tomorrow night. I then read that cabbage does better as transplants, which I have some seedlings started inside. So I'm wondering how soon it is safe to begin to harden off transplants. I read in previous posts no sooner than 2 sets of true leaves, but what is ideal and what is most likely to have decent results? Thanks for the advice!
by mike57 on April 11, 2005 08:51 AM
HI [wayey] Rozy221 here is a link i found for you hope this helps you some its a good article on growing cabbage.
http://de.essortment.com/growingcabbage_rnca.htm
also heres a link to the old gardeners almanac it has a lot of tips on when and how to plant things.
http://www.almanac.com/index.php
good luck on your veggie gardens this year.your friend in gardening.mike57 [wayey] [flower] [flower]

-
No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.
by rozy221 on April 12, 2005 06:31 AM
Wow! Thanks Mike! That Almanac site is fantastic! Has info about just about everything I'm growing-looks like my peas are late, cabbage is early to seed, but not too early to transplant, if only the transplants were more than 2 starter leaves. Lamp broke today too. Actually, the lamp itself is fine, but the rabbit ate 1/2way through the wire, right near the plug. Don't know how that thing hasn't gotten nuked yet, cwazy wabbit. hopefully dh will be able to fix it tomorrow. Anyway, thanks for the help!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Transplant a Camelia| Next thread: Transplant shock? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: