The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

I want to see flowers

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: I want to create my own beauty| Next thread: I want your snails »
Back to Thread index
by tkhooper on July 04, 2006 01:37 AM
I planted bell flowers this year and they haven't bloomed yet. I'm in zone 7 anyone have any idea when I might see a flower?

-
 -
by alankhart on July 04, 2006 02:53 AM
Which type of bellflower did you plant? Unless you bought mature plants, chances are they won't bloom until next year. All of my bellflowers have already bloomed or are blooming now....I have 4 different ones:
C. persicifolia 'Chettle Charm', C. persicifolia Coerulea, C. glomerata 'Joan Elliott', and C. punctata 'Cherry Bells'.

-
 -
 -
by tkhooper on July 04, 2006 05:08 AM
I don't know what kind they are. I got them in a trade. Are they Biennial? I have lots of foliage.

-
 -
by alankhart on July 04, 2006 08:09 AM
The only biennial one is the Canterbury Bell. The rest are perennial. Can you take a photo of the foiliage? It may help to identify which one you have.

-
 -
 -
by tkhooper on July 05, 2006 01:18 AM
I'll give it a shot. Between my eyesight and the camera my pictures don't usually come out all that clear.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: I want to create my own beauty| Next thread: I want your snails »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: