The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Petunias

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: ~~~Petunias~~~| Next thread: petunias »
Back to Thread index
by tkhooper on July 01, 2006 04:09 AM
Hi all,

Maybe you remember my last post about the disappearing petunia? Well it died and got covered by the foliage of the other plants in the container. Yesterday I was looking around in there and guess what I saw. Loads and loads of ripe seed pods just waiting for me to find them. I'm so please that I found them and harvested them. Now I have several packets of them to trade down in the seed exchange.

-
 -
by dodge on July 01, 2006 01:07 PM
tkhooper,

DOnt you just love suprises?

Especially in flowers>>>>

dodge [Love]

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''
by tkhooper on July 02, 2006 01:08 AM
yes I do. I thought I was going to be without petunias next year and I really like them. Now I know that I'm in good shape for them. I still have three plants left that can produce seeds so I'll have a good number for the seed exchange.

-
 -
by ServantsHeart2003 on July 02, 2006 04:52 AM
I found a lovely lemon looking one in a planter of mine!! WOW!! Need seeds for bi-color Petunias so will be happy to trade seeds from this and the lavender veined ones I have for other bi-colors. I LOVE Petunias!! Bonnie

-

My Site
http://www.freewebs.com/froglver/
by Squirrel on July 02, 2006 02:44 PM
I love Petunias, also. I used to put them in my flower boxes. But, they get so leggy after awhile and don't look nice. One year I cut them back and fertilized them and they came back with a bang. I started getting the wave petunias even though they are more expensive and they got just as leggy. And in spite of what they say you do have to dead head the wave petunias. At least, I had to. These last few years I've been trying different flowers in my boxes, but nothing looks as nice as the petunias. I'm thinking I should pinch the tips so they don't get too leggy???? Your thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks, Sue

-
 -
What goes around comes around, so be nice!lol
by dodge on July 02, 2006 02:52 PM
DId you ever try geraniums in your boxes? They seem to stay bushy and gorgous..
I also tried assylum last year in the hanging basket .....It was great till it got leggy.

This year I have baby blue eyes .. They are so nice for hanging baskets. Not leggy yet.. I also have marigolds in a hanging basket now, dwarf.. Very brilliant.

dodge

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''
by tkhooper on July 03, 2006 01:36 AM
Hey Bonnie,

I'll look forward to seeing your post in the seed exchange. The lavendar is the only one I have that is a bi-color. The rest are solids. I have a white. a dark purple and a redish-purple one. Of course the bee's have been very busy so there is no telling what the seeds will produce lol.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: ~~~Petunias~~~| Next thread: petunias »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: