The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Meyer's lemon help!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Meyer Lemons| Next thread: meyers lemon »
Back to Thread index
by kiri on March 20, 2005 05:11 PM
I'm new to owning this plant so I need a little help. I just got this plant delivered to me and unfortunately, it was packaged in a box and when I opened it, most of the leaves already fell off [Eek!] My question is, how long does it take the leaves to come back? Is this a slow growing plant? How long does it take for fruits to develop? Last, I was looking at Miracle-Gro Fruit & Citrus Fertilizer Spikes, but can any one suggest any fertilizer I can get a hold of very easily? Thanks!
 -
by A.T.Hagan on March 20, 2005 05:22 PM
Don't panic. It's not uncommon for citrus to drop leaves like that when brought into new environments. My Meyer did the same thing.

From the photo the stems look green and healthy so I'd say make sure it stays adequately moist, but not wet and give it all the sun you can. If you've got it in a heated room you may want to mist it once in a while as they don't like really low humidities.

After it's been in the pot for a week or so I'd give it a weak feeding of something like Miracle Gro - the one teaspoon to a gallon rate suggested for houseplants. It should begin to show signs of new leaf growth in a week or two if it's happy.

.....Alan.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Meyer Lemons| Next thread: meyers lemon »
Back to Thread index