The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Fuschia

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: fuschia| Next thread: Fuschia »
Back to Thread index
by LorrieG on June 25, 2006 02:40 AM
Hello, I have 2 pretty fuschia hanging plants. 1 is all white, and the other is purple and pink. This is the first year I've had this kind of plant. I water it every other day, I keep it in part shade, It gets sunlight in the morning, and shade in the late afternoon.

I would like to know how to care from them in the winter? What kind of plant food do I feed it, and how often?

Thank You
LorrieG

Live, Laugh, and Love one another always.
by alankhart on June 25, 2006 08:02 AM
Fushias don't do well as houseplants and they get messy dropping their blooms, but it can still be done. Like other houseplants in winter, water only when needed and don't fertilize because you don't want to stimulate new growth in winter. Fertilize now on a weekly or biweekly basis with a water soluable fertilizer.

-
 -
 -
by dodge on June 25, 2006 12:11 PM
Lorrie

I have tried wintering those over, it did ok..But when spring and summer came it was not near as nice as the first year........They are not easy , in my book. [shocked]

Maybe my cold zone does that.

dodge

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''
by LorrieG on June 30, 2006 02:55 AM
Thank you for your answers. Would It be better if I planted them in the ground before winter? How would they do living on the front porch? We have plastic around 3 sides of the porch, would they be warm enough? I really want them to be as pretty next year as they are now.
Thank you
Lorrie

Live, Laugh, and Love one another always.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: fuschia| Next thread: Fuschia »
Back to Thread index