The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Pink Poppy..?????????????

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Pink Muhly Grass| Next thread: Pink Queen Anne's Lace? »
Back to Thread index
by dodge on June 24, 2006 03:10 PM
Anyone ever see a Poppy that looked like this one>?
Tell me about it ..Whats the name/ Poppy?
[gabby] [scaredy] [party] [teacher]

I think a perennial!

Thanks for looking....

Dodgee/\/\/\//\\/

-

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''
by patches1414 on June 24, 2006 07:20 PM
Sorry Dodge, I don't the name of it, [Frown] but it's beautful! [thumb] I love it! [Love] How tall does it get? [dunno]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by twwright on June 24, 2006 11:10 PM
Looks to me like one of those double bloomed hyperhydrated beautifulupagus plants. A double blooming over watered beautiful plants that I kill. Gorgeous poppy though! Wish I knew.
by melcon6 on June 24, 2006 11:55 PM
I believe it's called shirley poppies, Papaver rhoeas. When the poppies first started blooming at the greenhouse I work at, I had to feel them . They always looked like crepe paper to me and I wanted to see if they felt like it too. Nope, they don't . That is a beautiful poppy.

-
 -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY!!!!!!!
by dodge on June 25, 2006 02:16 AM
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Oh I enjoyed all those posts..

It is over 2 foot tall right now, I did nothing to encourage it..But you notice, the ones behind dont do the same thing.. Same pack I think.

I will check out shirleys...
Thanks for looking..;o)

DOdge [Love]

-
 -
by dodge on June 25, 2006 02:29 AM
http://www.cyberforest.net/flowerseeds/shirley_double_poppy.htm

Checked shirleys poppy out ..I am thinking,
Perhaps
DOuble Shriley's poppy?

[critic]
[clappy]
Thanks, i might learn something yet!!!!!!!!!!

dodge

-
 -
by patches1414 on June 25, 2006 06:34 AM
Thanks for the link Dodge! [kissies] I checked it out, but they are annuals and come in assorted colors. [Frown] I was interested in the pink one so I guess I'll pass on this one, but it's still a beautiful flower! [thumb]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by Patty S on June 25, 2006 06:51 AM
Gosh Dodge, that's pretty cool!

Whatever it is, when it goes to pod & gives you seeds, would you be willing to swap some? (Actually, Poppies of ANY kind will do!) There's a section above my Iris row where I have Poppies growing with my Nigella, & I'm always on the look-out for more kinds of Poppies.

I haven't had much luck with commercial Poppy seeds... don't know why, [dunno] although I do believe that Poppy seeds need to be cold-treated.

-
 -
by dodge on June 25, 2006 07:02 AM
patty

[thumb]

Sure i can trade....The seeds arent here yet, and I do have others......Arent ready..

Just keep asking me.. We will work out a swap

dodge

-
 -
by Patty S on June 25, 2006 07:20 AM
Thanks, Dodge! [kissies] I don't suppose that thinking about seed swapping is high on any priority lists at this point in time, but I'm planning next year's gardens already! [nutz] Right now it's the watering & weeding & keeping stuff alive, so they can MAKE the seeds! I have so many things finally opening up around here, I feel like I'm not out there enough to keep track of it all!

I just LOVE summer! [clappy]

I'll give you a holler when our flowers get into their next phase. [thumb]

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Pink Muhly Grass| Next thread: Pink Queen Anne's Lace? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: