The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

anyone have a wheat chocolate chip cookie recipe?

Willy's Place » Members Favorite Recipes
by ashley1 on January 24, 2005 12:48 AM
I tried one the other night - from the internet and it did not come out right. I want a recipe that is healthier- ie using whole wheat flour instead of white flour. anyone have a tried and true recipe to share?

Plants are awesome!!
by afgreyparrot on January 24, 2005 01:47 AM
I have a really good one. I've been looking for it since I saw this post, but so far haven't found it. A lot of my cookbooks are packed up, and it was written on a piece of paper stuck in one of them...just don't remember which one!

It is a recipe for whole wheat carob chip cookies, but I substituted chocolate chips for the carob, and they were awesome.

I'll keep looking.

Cindy

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by tamara on January 24, 2005 02:25 PM
You can just use the recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag, substitute wheat for white , add 1/4 cup or so of oatmeal (if wanted) and substitute your butter or margarine for the same amount of apple sauce or prune puree. You can also cut the amount of sugar by half and the taste doesn't change by that much.
The kids here don't even notice the difference.

-
 -
Tamara's Photos
Thinking Spring, Thinking Spring...Nope, doesn't work.lol
by weezie13 on February 16, 2005 02:34 AM
Hey I found one!!!!

Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
make sure you click on the Robinhood All Purpose
Flour link on the actual recipe and read down the line on the flour, it'll have a equivelant for the white flour and wheat flour...

Weezie

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by mike57 on February 16, 2005 12:07 PM
hi ashley i found one for you here it is.
WHEAT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

INGREDIENTS:
3/4 cup margarine
1 cup white sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups sifted whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Generously grease cookie sheets.
In a medium bowl, cream together the margarine, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and eggs. Combine the whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking soda and salt, gradually blend into the creamed mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts if desired. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. For bar cookies, press dough into a 10x15 inch jelly roll pan and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
HOPE YOU ENJOY.your friend in gardening mike57. [wayey]

-
No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: