The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

New to indoor growing, please help!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
by noneofyourbusiness on November 02, 2004 09:12 PM
HI, I'm so glad I found this forum!!! This is great!!!!

I am starting a garden indoors for the winter. I have never done this and have a few questions.....
I will be growing carrots, radishes, tomatoes, and maybe some others. What would be the best kind of light to use. I have a florescent table that I used to grow my seedlings on, but I don't know if that is enough light, or if I need to buy one of those High pressure (expensive!!!) lights. What would be the best?
Also, can anyone recomend what type of container would be best to use for these?
Thanks
I appreciate ANY help!!
by Wizzard on November 03, 2004 03:00 AM
are you planning on putting it outside in the spring? last year i grew plants under fluroescent light last year till they were about 4 inches tall, i then bought "grow light tubes" to fit the fixtures from walmart. the talles tomato plant grew to about 3 foot without a problem. i did however have 6 lights, and they were servicing all the 8 inch pots i could fit under them. i grew mainly herbs, but the tomatoes still did well, along with the rest

Wizzards pics
by noneofyourbusiness on November 03, 2004 06:58 AM
no, I'm not bringing them outside. I just want to try growing them in the house. I just didn't know how much light radishes and carrots need.
So you say the floros are enough?
by Wizzard on November 03, 2004 07:00 AM
they worked for me, but im no expert by any means

Wizzards pics

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: