The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Im Learning about stromanthe sanguinea tricolor

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: im kinda wondering???| Next thread: Im officially addicted!!!!!!!! »
Back to Thread index
by angelblossom on December 19, 2005 11:45 AM
As I had posted earlier I'd purchased a new house plant not knowing anything about it I had to look it up on net all references said filtered indirect light but some said west some east etc, and all said it likes humidity.. So I was misting it every morning yesterday I moved it from an west window(filtered) to a south filtered because the leaves were curling up (I noticed that yesterday but remembered reading that some species curl up for 12 hrs and open for 12 hrs) but today they were still curled, I thought I Killing this georgous plant so I misted it again and 3 hours later again 4 hours later again and now I have it in a north window leaves are un folding YEAH and color is coming back as vibrant as it was when I bought it so I'm giving it 3 days in this window with lots of misting , to see what happens , hopefully this will be the last move it will have to take I hope santa brings me a digital camera for Christmas so I can post a picture of this beauty!!!

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -
by tkhooper on December 20, 2005 12:00 PM
I'm glad you found the spot for it. I've notice that light requirements seem to change based on our worldwide location. In Virginia they seem to require a great deal less light than when I was in Washington state. I guess because I'm so much closer to the equator.

-
 -
by angelblossom on December 21, 2005 10:23 AM
I believe you're right! today it still looks good!! 3rd day so it stays in the north window [thumb]

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: im kinda wondering???| Next thread: Im officially addicted!!!!!!!! »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: