The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Portulaca

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Portobello Stack {vegetarian}| Next thread: Portulaca blooms »
Back to Thread index
by Jesnjo on June 08, 2006 01:42 PM
My Portulaca have quit blooming. Is there something I have done, or something I can do to make them bloom again? Thanks for any suggestions!

Blessings!
Joanne
by gardenmom32210 on June 09, 2006 02:15 AM
Hi Joanne [wavey] Welcome to the Forum!

I have Portulaca and they bloom off and on during the season. They could also be making seeds. Check the tips and see if there are little balls forming,if so you can remove them and that might help it bloom again. Also mine seem to bloom better when I keep them slightly dry.

I hope this helps a little bit [thumb]

G-Mom [grin]
by Jesnjo on June 09, 2006 05:33 AM
Thanks G-Mom! I appreciate your input! I do notice the little balls and have taken most off. But I think I am keeping them too wet!! Thanks for your good advice!

Blessings!
Joanne
by loz on June 09, 2006 05:52 AM
Yep, they don't need much water since they are succulent.

I never take the little balls off......they just fall off by themselves on mine and bloom all summer long into the fall....

They like LOTS of sun!
by lubbins83 on July 21, 2006 11:45 AM
I need help here!
My moss roses are turning pale and cotton topped - whited headed.
I can't fix it, they look horrible, any body know what the problem is?
by loz on July 21, 2006 11:51 AM
Towards the end of summer they usually get pretty bad for me...usually in August....If I see them getting bad I'll pull the dead parts off the tips, but usually I just leave them.

How often do you water yours? They don't need much water...I usually do mine every 2 days in the summer.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Portobello Stack {vegetarian}| Next thread: Portulaca blooms »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: