The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

New African Violet site, thanks to barleychown...

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by beebiz on February 08, 2006 03:49 AM
Hey all,

I have been out for a while now due to the fact that my wife and I have been very sick and due to a death in the family. I sure have missed you all!! [Smile]

As many of you probably already know, barleychown started two threads about the propagation of AV's from leaves and one about what to do with the new babies. Thinking that it would be nice to have all of her invaluable information in an easy to find location, I contacted her and asked her permission to post it on my site. Sarah graciously agreed. [thumb]

Sarah has previewed the site and has given her approval of it. You can get to the site either by going through my original site or by clicking here. I hope that everyone will enjoy the new addition to my site as much as I enjoyed creating it.

Sarah, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your willingness to share all of this information with me and with the rest of the world!! [thumb] [thumb]

Robert

My New Web Site If you take a look, please sign my guest book so I'll know you've been there! Also, check out the new African Violet addition to my site! Thanks
by MissJamie on February 08, 2006 05:31 AM
wow that site is fantastic robert!

-
 -
*~*Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts.
*~* http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2125497034
by ShirlS on February 08, 2006 06:14 AM
I wondered where you were hiding, Robert.

You were here gung ho, and then whoosh you were gone! Glad to see you back. My condolences on the loss your family has faced recently. Hope you and your wife are all good as new from your illness too!

What a lovely section on Av's you put on your site. I do however have a suggestion. There is no button to take one back to your home page, so perhaps you could add one?

Shirl

-
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
by beebiz on February 08, 2006 11:12 AM
Thanks for the kind words Miss Jamie and ShirlS. But, as I said on the site Sarah (Barleychown) is the one who is responsible for all the invaluable information and the great pictures. I just copied it all and posted it on the site.

ShirlS, are you talking about a button to take a person back to the original site? I had thought about doing that and guess I should. But, I had figured that most folks would find the AV section through my original site. The link on the original site opens a new window for the AV area and when one is finished there, they can simply close the new window and be back at the original site. But, for those who go directly to the AV part, I guess I really do need a link back to my original site!

Thanks for the recommendation!! [thumb] If anyone else has any suggestions, please let me know.

Robert

My New Web Site If you take a look, please sign my guest book so I'll know you've been there! Also, check out the new African Violet addition to my site! Thanks
by barleychown on February 08, 2006 01:42 PM
Great job and thank you! [flower]

-
 -

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
by comfrey on February 09, 2006 03:02 AM
Wow what a great job you did Robert on the av addition to your site. And Thanks Barley for supplying the info.

-
 -
by beebiz on February 09, 2006 04:31 AM
Hey, I don't know what happened last night, but after I made the above post I was no longer able to access the forum. Probably some kind of glitch on my end!!

Anyway, on the AV site I have now added a button that carries you back to the my original gardening site. Thanks again for the suggestion ShirlS! [thumb]

Robert

by ShirlS on February 09, 2006 08:27 AM
[clappy] Thanks Robert!

The request was born because I closed the original window and could not get back [Embarrassed]

-
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: