The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

More Leftovers

Willy's Place » Wallpaper of the Day
« Prev thread: More Hosta questions...| Next thread: More Leftovers »
Back to Thread index
by Bill on December 09, 2003 01:08 PM
 -

-

-

[dunno]

-
by weezie13 on December 09, 2003 02:49 PM
I LOVE THE CAT!!!! [kitty]
I can almost reach out a scratch
that kitty behind the ears!!!
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Weezie

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by plants 'n pots on December 09, 2003 03:12 PM
Talk about IN YOUR FACE!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Love them - especially the pretty kitty!

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by Jillie on December 09, 2003 04:31 PM
Bill, what kind of bunny is that? Cute as a bug!
What a great cat close-up...you can see every hair...
[grin]

-
 -
by Bill on December 09, 2003 04:43 PM
All I know is that it's a cute lil bunny I saw at the fair. [dunno]

I'm surprised that our cloud watchers haven't reported the elephant in pix one yet! [wayey]

-
by Jiffymouse on December 09, 2003 05:19 PM
Bill, there would have to be a could in pic one for there to be an elephant in the cloud! Cat & Bunny are cute though.
by Jillie on December 09, 2003 06:18 PM
[wayey] [wayey] I know, I know!
The elephant is behind the big rock...

-
 -
by jc2weho on December 09, 2003 06:30 PM
Wait a Second! Doesn't that little rock in front look like a frog? [Wink]

jc2weho [Love]

-
by catlover on December 09, 2003 06:59 PM
OMGosh Bill don't get them started again!!!!! [Frown] [Big Grin]
After my bird/cat/house incidence this morning....I saw your pix...bunny...then cat....oh NO!!! So glad you clarified the fair!!!! [thumb]

Wow wonder if you could see up its nose! [Big Grin]
Like the cave by the way [grin]
[kitty]

-
 -
 -
by catlover on December 09, 2003 07:02 PM
Wait a minute is that the same area only different pix of the rock ice cream cone we saw awhile back? [dunno] [kitty]

-
 -
 -
by weezie13 on December 09, 2003 10:57 PM
I said it was a petrafide mushroom!!!
Holding a frog, covering the cloud,
that the elephant is standing under!! [Big Grin] [Wink] [grin]
Weezie

Weezie

-
 -
 -

by plants 'n pots on December 10, 2003 03:14 AM
Catlover ~

Did I miss something? What was your "bird/cat/house incidence this morning"?

-
 -
by loz on December 10, 2003 05:33 AM
Yep, that is the rock I said looked like an ice cream cone....lol and the rock way in the back looks like an elephant....I see it, I see it! [Big Grin]
by plants 'n pots on December 10, 2003 05:34 AM
I see it too! Must be time for bed! [Big Grin]

-
 -
by loz on December 10, 2003 05:36 AM
I really do see it, with it's trunk down in the sand, and its eye and ear.....and it's body....side profile of the elephant.....lol I'm not even tired and I see it....what does that say about me....lol [Big Grin]
by Jillie on December 10, 2003 03:32 PM
The small rock in front looks like the face of a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle....

-
 -
by catlover on December 12, 2003 07:13 PM
Plants 'n Pots
The bird/cat incident.....well the other morning I wasn't thinking and saw the cat sitting by the door wanting in so I just opened the door and let him in well....observant me didn't see he had a bird in his mouth because it was small and his head was down. Grabbed the cat and a few seconds he let go and the darn little finch flew off and in two rooms of the house. Now I have 5 cats....I go yelling for my son (21) to get up and help me get the bird out of the house before something gets broken by the cats. Do you think he got up....HELL NO....Brat! So I am stuck tripping over 5 cats using a mop to lure him out the open door (trying to keep the cats in and the bird out....but they were mainly interested in the flight pattern of that darn bird). Bird would swoop(sp) cats would jump off the ground and on top of curio cabinet, china hutch, and try and jump from the HUGE cat tree I have to reach the thing. You would think the bird would just fly out the door but NOOOOOO! He made a mistake and flew into one of the garden windows and the big 16 lb. monster called Baby got him. I immediately grabbed the cat carried him outside opeing his mouth and yelling at him to drop the bird...."Drop" and kicking my foot back to keep the others inside. What a scene!!! Neighbors probably thought I was nuts....the bird flew out of his mouth and I threw the cat back in the house! Don't know if the finch made it but he did fly away!

So that was the story! Ta da!
[kitty]

-
 -
 -
by Jillie on December 12, 2003 07:28 PM
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Omigosh, that's the funniest story I've heard in a long time...well written, too, Cat. Gawd, I got such visuals from your description of events.
Still grinning.. [grin]

-
 -
by plants 'n pots on December 12, 2003 08:44 PM
WOW Catlover!!!

You certainly had your hands full! I've never had a bird in the house that wasn't a house pet, but now that I have cats, I go a little nuts [nutz] when my daughter takes my parakeet out and doesn't close the door so the cats can't get into the room. But I only have 2 cats... can't even imagine that poor birds odds with your 5!!!

It's amazing he lived to chirp the tale... and had the chance to fly away - WOW!!!

-
 -
by jc2weho on December 12, 2003 08:46 PM
Great story Catlover!!! You are a brave woman for chasing the bird all over while trying to hold your cats at bay. I can just see you trying to get that cat to drop the bird while trying to keep the others in the house. Too funny!

I have a little story to tell you about Jille. [Smile]

Several months ago I was working in my office when I heard Jillie's granddaughter Ashleigh yelling from our patio. I went outside, as I rounded the corner Ashleigh was yelling "Grandma's been cornered by a skunk!"

I looked up on our hillside and there was Jillie standing stiff as a board looking a something on the ground. She had gone up on the hill to do something and was getting ready to come down by the side stairs when this little baby skunk came out from under our Lavatera Martima bush and was standing right in front of her blocking her exit! It was turned away from her with it's little tail raised high in the air, getting ready to spray the daylights out of her!

The only exit Jillie had was by our neighbor's side of our yard. This route took her down a steep hillside covered with ivy, to the railings of a stairway that she had to climb over - all in a dress!

This was truly one of the funniest sights I have ever seen!

While she was making her getaway, this little skunk just walked quietly to the other side of our yard, and made it's getaway hiding behind our side bushes until it could get down our side stairs and away from our property.

I swear that we live on the Hollywood Hills critter trail!

jc2weho [Love]

-
by plants 'n pots on December 12, 2003 08:56 PM
Oh, my... I hope you stocked up with lots of tomato juice after that?!? [Big Grin]

Scary stuff Jillie! [scaredy]

-
 -
by weezie13 on December 12, 2003 09:06 PM
And where was your camera then, JC?? [Big Grin]

Never fails, when you really need a camera
it's in the house.....
That would have been one for the
"Funniest Home Video's Awards"!!!
In a dress no less!!!
Yikes!!! [shocked] [lala]
No bumps or bruises we hope......
Weezie

Weezie

-
 -
 -

by gardengal on December 13, 2003 12:34 AM
Catlover, my dog has done the same dirty deed of bringing in a live bird via his mouth. It was in the morning before leaving for work a few years ago. I let him out to do his thing, get ready for work, go back to let him in and in he comes with large bird in his mouth. I don't realize it until both are in, thinking its dead (which has happened before) I tell him to drop it. He lets go, bird flies around and tries to escape. Does it go towards the now open sliding glass door. Nope. He hits his head repeatedly against the window way up high on the wall. Now there is blood on the window, some splattered on the wall. The dog is barking, I'm trying to convince this bird with a broom that the open door is a better idea. Finally it knocks itself out hard enough that it comes all the way down to the ground. I instruct dog to catch it, he does, run to back door, instruct him to drop it, he does, bird flies up to tree. I call in late to work, clean bird blood up off wall, instruct dog to never try that one again, and you know, so far he hasn't. [grin]

-
 -
Women and cats will do as they please. Men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
by catlover on December 13, 2003 02:29 AM
OMGosh those stories are great! Happy ending for all....at least those times!!!!

Jillie wears a dress....oh watch out! [Big Grin]
And my next ? is what was she doing on the hill in a DRESS? [dunno]

Gardengal....why is it those birds cannot go out the open doors? Sure suprised your dog didn't chomp it when it came down the final time. I have had live lizards in the house as well. Think I better pay better attention.

I have had several birds fly into my greenhouse. Door is wide open ....they flew in how is it they can't turn around and fly out. They just bang up against the sides. This hummingbird was in there one day and it was real warm in there.. (it can get 130 degrees in there at times...another problem I have) anyway this little guy was soo tired...this time only one cat was outside ....got the broom and was hoping it would rest on it but flew around until he was totally exhausted. My son actually helped me this time and the thing would land just above the doorway. Would get him on the broom and just as I was ready to go under the doorway he would fly.....Finally he landed again and I rushed him out. He sat on a twig nearby for several minutes and then left. Next day and for several days after that, I would sit on my swing outside and a little hummingbird would come up right near my face and hover there for awhile and then split.....Was that the hummingbird and he was saying THANK YOU????? Will never know!

Hate to say this but several birds have met there demise....cat jumps real high in there and nails them. [shocked] [Frown] That hummingbird was REAL lucky!
[kitty]

-
 -
 -
by catlover on December 13, 2003 02:39 AM
Have another story....Oh No huh!!! [Big Grin]
My neighbor and good friend was going through another knee surgery a couple years ago....well I took the initiative to go walk the yellow lab. It was late and all I could see was light from the moon. This dog is really fat and thank goodness can't run real fast. Anyway she started sniffing and I saw what I THOUGHT was a cat and she started going after it....(in slow motion)...and then I saw the stripe OMG I yelled
at the top of my lungs...."NO SASSY THAT'S A SKUNK....NOOOOOOO! [shocked] Needless to say I had to run to my house and pick up 4 cans of tomato juice and I was bathing this stinken dog around midnight!!!!P.U. [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] She got it right in the face and of course she had to roll in the grass and keep rolling other parts of her body in the stinken stuff! Needless to say the next time I let her outside it was on a leash and she dragged me the whole way! Not leash trained at all.
Okay this is the end of my stories!!!! Relieved?Ha Ha

[kitty]

-
 -
 -
by weezie13 on December 13, 2003 03:43 AM
[kitty]
You're getting the "Weezie's" [gabby]

[gabby] [Love] [kitty] [gabby]

[gabby]

[muggs]

Weezie

-
 -
 -

by Jillie on December 13, 2003 05:52 AM
Oh, my sides hurt! I have such tears from laughing out loud. You guys are sooo funny. What great stories!!! [thumb]

Catlover,
I hiked (ungracefully) up on the hillside after work to check on the slow demise of my artichoke plantlets (figured they'd look nice, up there, from my kitchen window.. all big and sprouty.....in my dreams!). It was a loooong skirt I was wearing. Had to give it a big hitch for the climb...knee-high stockings on ladies of a certain age are something no one should have to see.... [Razz]

Oh, and that itty-bitty skunk was facing me,looking me dead in the eye and stomping all of its feet, Hollywood. You were far toooo busy rolling around on the patio and laughing helplessly to see that he was ready to charge!!! [teacher]

-
 -
by catlover on December 13, 2003 09:24 AM
ROFL ....Yea Weezie you sure are catchy! [Big Grin]
A cat with the jabbers! Sounds like one of my cats!

Ha Ha Hitched up skirt with knee highs climbing... [Big Grin] Wonder if any neighbors saw you....I would of been like Hollywood and LMAO at the whole situation! [grin] [Big Grin] That is tooo funny!

You know my cousin who is a vet in Fresno did a research paper during school in Iowa, and found 100% of the skunks on the side of the road were positive for carriers of rabies. Make you feel real comfortable now? Be careful around them. I cannot help it I am still laughing! Sorry I will be serious....yea stay away from them! That stomping (as you know) is there communication of get away or I am going to attack. And believe me they have REALLY sharp CLAWS and teeth!!!!!
Think you need to make more noise next time you go up on that hill. If you two are located up by that Hollywood sign there are rattlesnakes in that area as well. Have you run across any of those? We had them in Hacienda Heights, then when I was in Walnut, and now here in Fallbrook!!!! Now those I don't mess around with although I do have a story about a snake I caught! [shocked] [Frown]
[kitty]

-
 -
 -
by Jillie on December 13, 2003 02:50 PM
Cat, we're just below and a little west of the sign....No snake spottings, yet....
The skunk info gives me the heebies...I see the HUGE mama skunk in the early mornings sometimes, lumbering down our neighbor's stairs before daylight...EEEwwwwe...

Hey, I love a good snake story...do tell! [Big Grin]

-
 -
by catlover on December 13, 2003 05:51 PM
I will tell that one at a later date! Remind me though!....just think pool, aquarium, cheesecloth, 1/4 in. wire mesh, house! I know you got the pix already! [Frown]
[nutz] [kitty] [Big Grin] How is that for reducing a story! [thumb]

-
 -
 -
by Jillie on December 13, 2003 06:38 PM
Time-saving condensed versions for the busy gardener.... [Big Grin]
I'll remind you, fer shure..

-
 -
by jc2weho on December 14, 2003 01:07 AM
Another Critter Story [grin]

I had the most lovely, gentle Grandmother in the World! She was a chiropractor (the 153rd to be licensed in CA, in 1919). She had patients that came down from Fawnskin each weekend for treatments (that's across the lake from Big Bear, for the out-of-staters that's in the mountains and they drove over 3 hours to see her). She loved to take me on vacations during the summer. One summer she rented a huge cabin in Fawnskin and took one of her best friends Jeanette and me. She and Jeanette were childhood friends and were in their early seventies, I was a sixteen. When I say this cabin was huge, it could actually sleep 12!

On a Sunday evening we three were in the livingroom reading the Sunday paper. It was hot in Fawnskin, so we had the front door open. I am reading a section of the paper when all of a sudden I hear this whooshing sound! I don't think anything of it and continue to read the paper. Then this "thing" whooshes right across the top of my head! I look up and there is this bat wildly flying all over the livingroom. I call out to Grandma, "There's a bat!" This was in the early sixties and I had one of those big poofy hair does. What do I do? I grab the paper and hold it over my head! Now, Grandma calmy walks into the kitchen. She picks up the broom, walks back to the livingroom and begins to chase this bat all around with the broom. She states just a calmly, "I don't want to hurt this little guy." It took her about 15 minutes, but she finally cornered it near the front door and merely swept it ever so gently outside. Now, you ask, were was Jeanette? When she heard me say bat, she beelined it into the bathroom and didn't show her face until the bat was gone! [Big Grin]

jc2weho [Love]

-
by catlover on December 14, 2003 08:50 PM
LOL....was it the comic section you had over your "poof ball"? Ha Ha

My daughter would of been like Jeanette....locked away til the coast was clear!LOL
 -  -

[kitty]

-
 -
 -
by jc2weho on December 17, 2003 05:34 AM
Hi catlover,

Sorry, I just saw your post tonight. At sixteen, it was more like the Calendar Section. Grandmother loved to take me to anything musical, so I was probably spying some concert or musical we could see.

Too funny about your daughter. I am not a runner, but gosh, I didn't want that bat in my Hair! [Frown]

-
by <njoynit> on December 17, 2003 06:30 PM
I have a bassett hound who got a lil too friendly with a skunk who wandered into his yard.I think he actually had his face stuck up the skunks butt.was 3 days till could stand to be near him enough to bring him into tub to wash tried the tomato juice and did not work.was 3 gallons of it and was cold as was already chilled and he was shivering(mind you in a TX summer in july) did not work nor the vineger rinse but peroxide& hydrogen peroxide worked& bleached his white areas real nice.I do hope he has learned his lesson with skunks now we live in country.not a good smell either.my bathroom STUNK afterwards.felt bad seeing him shver but yelled to stay away from skunks is a BAD AWFUL SMELL

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: More Hosta questions...| Next thread: More Leftovers »
Back to Thread index