The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Pickle problems

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Pickle Pot?| Next thread: Pickled Okra »
Back to Thread index
by Polish Michael on June 22, 2004 08:23 PM
Hi All!
I am new to this website, hopefully someone here can help me with my problem. The leaves on my new pickle plants seem to be drying out and wilting. Any advice that is given would be much appreciated.
Thank you
by Phil and Laura on June 22, 2004 11:56 PM
Hi Michael, [wayey] Have you seen any cucumber beetles on your plants? If so...bad news, Although the cuke beetle does little damage to the plant itself, they are the vector for Bacterial wilt. I raise Giant Pumpkins and have this web site at the top of my list, click on this: Cucumber Beetle/Bacterial wilt
scroll down and click to enlarge Figure 11, thats Bac. Wilt, and there are many diseases of cucurbits there,Plus the CUKE BEETLE Photo's hope you just over fertilized though,Bacterial Wilt it's a DEATH sentence, for your cukes!
by Polish Michael on June 23, 2004 07:22 AM
Thank you for the help and the website on the beetles. I found out that we have been having an unusual wet season and the leaf dryness is a cause of too much water in soil and not enough heat and sunlight. Again Thank you for the info and I will keep checking back to this great website for any other answers to my question and to maybe help others with some other kind of problem they might be having.
Always, Polish Michael
by Phil and Laura on June 23, 2004 04:24 PM
You Are Welcome Michael, and it is a good site to keep! I am VERY HAPPY that it was not the dreaded Wilt, without a pic to look at, it's hard to diagnose, Happy Gardening!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Pickle Pot?| Next thread: Pickled Okra »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: