The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Climbing rose

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by lakegran on June 06, 2006 03:16 AM
My next project is, to learn to care properly for a really lovely climbing rose growing near, ( and climbing on) my deck. 1 year ago last fall I cut it back almost to the ground, and got very few blossoms last year, I didn't cut it back at all this year and have lots of new growth, not many buds (yet?) and holey leaves. Can anyone recommend a resource for care and maintainance of old fashioned roses. This rose was started about 8 yrs ago from a very old bush my late mother in law had, had for many years. [wavey]

-
by weezie13 on June 09, 2006 06:33 AM
Lakegran,
If you FORUM SEARCH and type in ROSE, or ROSES...
You should find a few posts on rose care, and pruning, tips, techniques' and some hints, like epsom salts...

*Tha'ts my favoritest one for roses'...is the Epsom Salt, sprinkled or scratched into the surface, 4 times a season...
(for my growing zone of 5, I do it on a schedule of May 1st, June 1st, July 1st, and August 1st...
The epsom's promotes growth and helps uptake of food and I don't want anything past August to get them still greenin' up, while I am tryi'n to get them to start to go to sleep for the winter...)

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: