The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Ate corn!!!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: At the zoo......| Next thread: Attach a picture? New at this. »
Back to Thread index
by pagarden on August 20, 2004 06:55 AM
we picked 3 ears yesterday and only 1 was "deformed" because of lack of pollination. so really i had 2 and 1/2 ears of corn- we cut them off the cob and tossed with other veggies and a little oil and baked and OH MAN was it sweet! it was totally awesome! i was so happy yesterday! even if i just get 1 ear i'll be happy, heck even if i don't get any and just use the stalks for decoration i'll be happy, so this was all bonus! and it was a yummy bonus too! LOL i'm actually quite proud of myself for even growing corn that i could eat! YAY!!!! i'm so happy i just had to share with ya'll!
by weezie13 on August 20, 2004 08:03 AM
Pagarden,
You sound exactly like me!!!
I got 8 ears off of my first set of corn I planted, and oh, it was my first year it actually worked, and sweet too boot.
I am working on my second planting, only got one ear per plant?? Not sure of that reasoning?? [dunno] but, they are starting to fatten up pretty good...

I am also just as thankful for the Fall/Halloween decorations too!!! Sometimes you have to pay for the stalks around here if you want them,
I've never paid, but some people do.....
But I will be loving [Cool] every second this year as I decorate!!
***I'll be thinkin' of you when I put out my stalks this fall***

Weezie

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by afgreyparrot on August 20, 2004 03:54 PM
I read this post and it brought back memories of my years of hoeing corn at my farm! I'd get up as the sun was rising and go across the road to the corn garden and start hoeing.....and EATING! [Big Grin] It was a lot of corn, about half an acre. I'd hoe quite a few rows every morning, then move on to a different garden. We grew all our own vegetables. The not-so-fun part was the canning and freezing! The best part was eating that sweet raw corn in the morning right there in the garden!

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: At the zoo......| Next thread: Attach a picture? New at this. »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: