The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

What's Blooming

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: What's a good house plant?| Next thread: What's Blooming »
Back to Thread index
Pages: 1 2
by TulsaRose on June 23, 2006 12:24 AM
Nice picture, Patti...your flowers sure look happy there. Everything here has been ahead of normal growing\blooming times due to the drought conditions during the fall and winter, I guess.

Found this yesterday when watering some containers. Could this be a "Toad Lily" in the pot with some Persian Shield cuttings? [Big Grin]

-

Rosie z7a
 -
 -
by honeybee50_1955 on June 23, 2006 01:26 AM
what pretty flowers i used to have a whole bed of daises outside my kitchen door where i used to live ..i sure miss seeing them...thanks for sharing.
 -

live for the day for you never know what tomorrow holds.
by patches1414 on June 23, 2006 05:30 AM
Oh Rosie, that is so cute! [Love] I was reading your post while the picture was loading and was anxious to see what a 'Toad Lily' looked like [dunno] because I've heard of them but never seen one. I just saw one in my garden on Monday and I don't remember seeing any at all last year. Thanks for putting a smile on my face. [kissies]

Maybe you should post this in 'Mystery Plants'. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by TulsaRose on June 23, 2006 08:34 AM
Patti, he must be trying to put down roots because he is back in the pot today. What is so weird about it...that 12" pot is sitting on an 8" chunk of concrete and I can't find his ladder anywhere. [Big Grin] Hmmmm...you don't suppose he is a she and may be laying eggs?

Rosie z7a
 -
 -
by patches1414 on June 23, 2006 10:14 AM
Geesh, that is strange. [dunno] I know they can hop but this one must be an olympic jumper! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by Squirrel on June 23, 2006 11:20 AM
Rosie, you had me so excited because I got 2 toad lillies this year and I can't wait to see them. As I was scrolling down I saw the purple flowers and said to myself,"Well, that can't be it." And lo and behold, I saw him/her. LOL [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] I just had to sit here and look at the screen. Couldn't believe my eyes. [dunno] [clappy] Actually, I think it is pretty cool. [Cool] Sue

-
 -
What goes around comes around, so be nice!lol
by Squirrel on June 23, 2006 11:25 AM
Thanks Everyone for the pix. I love lillies. And the Stargazer is my fav. I got one this year and am going to plant it in the ground and hope it comes back next year. I wish I had room for a whole bed. [thumb] [Smile] Sue

-
 -
What goes around comes around, so be nice!lol
by dodge on June 23, 2006 02:49 PM
Patches ,

I love your welcoming committee........Flowers.

Well done..

dodge [party]

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''
by patches1414 on July 17, 2006 07:14 AM
Here's some of the flowers blooming in one of my perennial beds, but I don't know how low long they are going to last with the temperatures we've been getting here this past week. We're under an excessive heat warning for the next 5 days and I'm afraid it's going to take a toll on a lot of my plants. [scaredy]

-

-
 -
by Karrie on July 17, 2006 12:31 PM
Look at these lovelies -

-

-

Forgot to post pics of these till Triss and I started talking bout orange flowers. I gotta figure out a way to winter these. Anyone have any info on that. Their tropical but I dont want to lose them. Can I just keep them in the garage, or do I need to let them have rest period?

-
 -

It doesn't matter where you go in life... It's who you have beside you when you get there.

Karrie's Photos

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: What's a good house plant?| Next thread: What's Blooming »
Back to Thread index