The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Multiple Foliar Sprays?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
by shamarian on July 14, 2004 07:25 AM
I have been applying Soap Shield from Gardens alive on my tomato plants to help ward off any blight, I also want to spray them with either some fish emulsion, compost or weak manure tea but I don't know if I can be doing both things at the same time, anyone have anny thoughts or information on this. I know that the soap Shield needs to be reapplied after rain so I figure spraying with another foliar spray would just wash it off.

I am old, and repotting wont help!
by obywan59 on July 14, 2004 02:30 PM
It's perfectly alright to apply liquid fertilizers at the same time as fungicidal sprays. In fact compost tea and seaweed are fungicidal as well. I sometimes use Fertrell 3 which is a mix of seaweed and fish emulsion.

-
Terry

May the force be with you
by Phil and Laura on July 14, 2004 02:36 PM
Hey Neighbor...Seen anyone suspicious with a Camera? [Big Grin] I would wait a couple days between spraying the soap shield and anything else. the fish emulsion/compost tes mix is ok together, Soap shield is as safe as you can get...BUT, you still need to limit it's use to prevent build-up of copper in your soil. It's been tough this year with the rain/cold, I have a little Angular Leaf Spot, on the squash,pumpkins and cukes, but I have it under control with the neem, I am picking up some soap shield today to give it the ol one-two punch!
by Phil and Laura on July 14, 2004 02:41 PM
Obywan, this May be true with the fish or seaweed;However, if You were to mix a fungicide with manure OR compost tea, a large portion of the beneficial Microbes would be destroyed!
by obywan59 on July 14, 2004 05:20 PM
You may very well be right Phil. You might lose the fungicidal benefits of the compost, but if Shamarian is going to spray Soap Shield anyway, the compost would still be beneficial to use as a foliar fertilizer.

-
Terry

May the force be with you
by shamarian on July 15, 2004 09:35 AM
Thanks guys for the help, waiting for the teas to brew anyway, just applied the soap shield and will maybe give a shot of fish emulsion for now,like the smell [Big Grin] Thanks Again

by weezie13 on July 15, 2004 03:39 PM
Epsom's salts can be used as a foliar spray too! [thumb]

Weezie

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by shamarian on July 15, 2004 08:56 PM
Weezie, How much Epson to how much water?

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: