The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Barnyard Tea

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Barleychown| Next thread: Barnyard Tea »
Back to Thread index
by Ronda on May 24, 2006 12:43 PM
Hi Does anyone know where I can buy this. The only place I could find was, Lee Valley Tools, and they do not ship to the US? [dunno]

Has anyone ever used it?

Thank You [Cool]

Ronda

Ronda
by pagarden on May 24, 2006 02:13 PM
never heard of it but i'm curious now.....
by Squirrel on May 24, 2006 02:17 PM
Me too, Ronda, Sue

-
 -
What goes around comes around, so be nice!lol
by Triss on May 24, 2006 02:21 PM
I had to look that one up cuz I too was curious. basically it is manure that is put into teabags so you can use it to make a liquid fertilizer. One would assume it is dried manure. You steep the "tea" bag in water and use it to water your plants. That is a new one for me. Since you cannot find it in the states, maybe you could instead find a place that sells dried manure and make your own? Just a thought.

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by Ronda on May 24, 2006 03:27 PM
Hello!
Someone gave me a gardening book called "Old-Time Gardening Wisdom." It is by Jerry Baker, America's Master Gardener (per book). You can find it on his web site at www.jerrybaker.com

He has a recipe called Fabulous Flower Tonic. You are to put this on your flowers every month.

1 cup of barnyard tea,
1/2 bottle of beer
1/4 cup ammonia, and 1/2 cup of Fels-Naptha Soap Solution.
Mix in 20 gallons of water and spray over beds.

The Soap solution contains:
Add 1/4 bar of Fels Naptha or Octagon Soap into 1 quart of boiling water. When the soap is completely dissolved, add 1/4 cup of liquid dish soap. Let it cool and store in a container until
needed.

If you take out the soap, tea and ammonia the tonic sounds really good!! [muggs] [Big Grin]

Anyway, I do not think you can get the barnyard tea in the US [dunno] I looked on his web site and they do not sell it. I might check on the web site to see if you can e-mail questions.

Just wondering. The tonic sounded interesting.

Ronda
Have a good night

Ronda
by tkhooper on May 25, 2006 07:19 AM
If you look down in organic gardening you will see several posts for manure tea and compost tea these will do the job just the same and you don't have to buy it.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Barleychown| Next thread: Barnyard Tea »
Back to Thread index