The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Purple passion

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: purple passion| Next thread: Purple Passion »
Back to Thread index
by ShirlS on November 05, 2005 02:49 AM
Hi everyone!

I am hoping someone can help identify an issue, I am having. I do not have a digi cam, so I will have to try and describe the problem. I bought a purple passion plant not long ago. I went to water it today, and found what I thought was mold growing on the surface of the soil. When I looked closer, I saw it was a yellowish/green colour and there were little round things ( thousands) in the mouldy looking stuff. It smelled like mushrooms. [scaredy]

Any Ideas?
[dunno]

Shirl

-
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
by RugbyHukr on November 05, 2005 04:24 AM
probably fungus, like mushrooms, from too much water. Water less at a time & let it dry more before watering again.

-
I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/flugnash
by tkhooper on November 05, 2005 05:19 AM
If that doesn't work you can take cuttings from it put them in water they will root quickly. Then take the plant out of the old pot remove most of the soil from it and plant it in fresh. And then either solarize the old potting soil or bake it to get rid of the spores and use it at another time. Or since that can be a smelling or long turn project just dump the old potting soil.

-
 -
by ShirlS on November 05, 2005 08:10 AM
Thanks for the advice Rugby and TK. I appriciate it and shall try what you mentioned.

Shirl

-
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: purple passion| Next thread: Purple Passion »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: