The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

cutting garden, does anybody have one?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Mrs.Spud on May 23, 2006 02:40 AM
I am just curious. I love fresh flowers. and now I have the space.

Do you have a space just for cutting flowers or do you cut out of your beds?

Mrs.Spud: Idaho Mom
by tkhooper on May 23, 2006 03:01 AM
I plan to cut out of my beds. That is the day that I can bring myself to cut one that is flowering. This is year two for me gardening and it's the first year I've been able to pinch back herbs so they will grow bushier. I don't know how long it will take me to convince myself I can cut flowers. I am so slow lol.

-
 -
by weezie13 on May 23, 2006 03:11 AM
That is one of my secret dreams is to have something like that one day..
I'd love to do (sell bouquets' and cut) flowers at outdoor auctions and flea markets things...
Someday....

For really serious one's, they have rows of certain flowers, some have stakes and ropes to hold them up from wind damage or falling on the ground...

What are the flowers you're thinking about?????

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by netty on May 23, 2006 04:39 AM
We have a cutting garden at work. We plant Zinnia's, snapdragons, carnations, Rudbeckia, Glads, Dahlia's, and are planning on adding Delphiniums. We also use the lilac's and hydrangeas on the property.

-
 -
by Mrs.Spud on May 23, 2006 09:10 AM
I have roses, lilac, tulip, black eye susan, flowering quince and fruit trees in my beds. I want zinnia, aster, dahlia, glads, iris, sweet pea, and anything else.

by Stuspot on May 23, 2006 10:41 AM
I have a flower bed that I can't see from my house/deck and I'm working to make it a cutting garden. I like daisy-type flowers the best, so I planted some shasta daisies, some pink daisies and some orange daisy-like flowers there as well as some bright orange poppies. Right next to them I planted some purple coneflowers.

I planted them all from seed this year (long story, but to sum it up: we're broke) and I'm really hoping it turns into what I have envisioned in my head.

I had ordered some blue asters (very daisy-like) but they are actually for zone 5 (oooops) and they were back ordered, so I don't think they will end up working out.

I am really excited for the day I can go out and cut some pretty flowers and bring them in to put in a vase. Can't wait. [flower]
by Bestofour on May 23, 2006 11:45 AM
I cut from my regular garden and some shrubs I have planted all around. I, like TK, had a hard time cutting my flowers at first but then I realized I can enjoy them on my desk at work, in my house, and enjoy giving them to friends. I don't get to hang out in my yard all the time so bringing them in is a good thing for me.

-
 -
 - http://www.picturetrail.com/bestofour  -
by patches1414 on May 23, 2006 11:13 PM
I don't have a special cutting garden, but I do cut the flowers in my yard and and bring them in or share them with others to brighten their my day. [flower] I've also taken them to the church and they are glad to get them. [thumb]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by weezie13 on May 24, 2006 12:52 AM
You ought to go take a look at "Buttonsmoms"
Bible gardens and her pictures...
She cuts alot of her flowers and she makes arrangements *for church and stuff* out of her garden, you wouldn't believe the arrangements she's got pictures of...they are gorgeous!!! [flower] [flower] [flower] [flower] [flower] [flower] [flower] [flower]

Weezie

-
 -
 -

by weezie13 on May 24, 2006 12:56 AM
Found her link..
It's in the Buttonsmom's Bible Gardens
Scroll about 1/2 the way down and on one of her posts, is a link to her Webshots' Album..
Go to the Floral Arrangements one and click on that...
She does those...

Weezie

-
 -
 -

by Mrs.Spud on May 24, 2006 08:34 AM
thank you for the link. I would love to post my pics all together and introduce my 'garden'.

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: