The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Got 2 miniature roses today.

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by GardenGuy_Gardener on May 16, 2006 10:55 AM
My mom is the banguet manager at a restaurant and they put min

-
The good thing about snow is that it makes your yard look just like your neighbors! [Big Grin]
by GardenGuy_Gardener on May 16, 2006 10:57 AM
sry aciidently sent that!! anyway she got me 2 from where she works because i've never had any roses and i really wanted some. Can i get some information on how to -care for them. Theyre outside and it rained today so i dont have to worry about that. Thanks in advance.

-
The good thing about snow is that it makes your yard look just like your neighbors! [Big Grin]
by tkhooper on May 18, 2006 12:07 AM
Plant them outside quick lol. I've never had any luck with them indoors. Now I don't even bring them in the house they go straight to the garden. Once there they do great. You can treat them like any other rose. They enjoy having their rose food put in the hole before you plant them and having epsom salt added to their water or scratched into their soil periodically through the growing season. They like it in sunny locations.

You will probably find when you pull them out of the pot that there are several in there. Give them some space and next year you will find your plant to be much fuller. Taller too with heavier stems although the flowers stay small.

I love my miniature roses, I hope you enjoy yours just as much.

-
 -
by Sir Ts Princess on May 18, 2006 02:46 AM
Yeah, what TK said is true. You can also feed them diluted beer (I used what would be left in the bottom of bottles) and they will thank you with an abundance of blooms.

But, here's some more info on roses that you might can use. http://lady_sensual.tripod.com/id7.html that will take you to my page on roses on my site. Still have MUCH work to do on the site, but, the info on there is still good.

-
by GardenGuy_Gardener on May 22, 2006 10:11 AM
Thanks!!!

-
by Questbest on May 22, 2006 01:15 PM
I have found that they do not do well indoors-they seem not to have enough air circulation and develope spider mites but I hear outside is good for them as they are like regular roses and like full sun.Good luck and enjoy!

Linda
by patches1414 on May 22, 2006 04:13 PM
I've had three miniature roses for four years and when I bought them I was told they would not do well inside. [Frown] I didn't know if they would come back where I live in zone 5, but they did and are still doing fine. [thumb] I use rose food on them and they seem to like it. The nice thing about the miniature roses is that they don't get very big. [Smile]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: