The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

spotted zucchini leaves

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Spotted Dumb Cane| Next thread: spray n grow »
Back to Thread index
by pagarden on June 15, 2004 10:34 PM
this is my first garden in this yard- we pulled up the grass and everything. i planted some zucchini and yellow squash. everything looked fine at first. it's grown very well, and the leaves are huge- just found my first flower buds the other day. only one problem though- the leaves are sort of multi-colored. picture the huge leaves and then along the veins it is a pale green. sort of weird looking. and on the yellow squash the leaves are turning yellow at the ends. everything else in the garden is great- tomatoes, peppers, cukes, sugar snap peas and herbs. is this a disease or does it sound like a nutrient deficiency? or does it just sound like this sort of color for this plant? i have gardened before but have never grown zucchinis before. any ideas?
by weezie13 on June 16, 2004 06:47 AM
Hello Pagarden from NEPA!! [wayey]

Welcome to The Garden Helper's Forum!
We are very glad you found us!

Can you tell us a bit more about your plants growing conditions/?
ie; soil~what container it's in and what kind used, sun or lack of, fertilizations, watering practices and rain too!!

That'll help us narrow it down a bit!!!

Welcome Again!!

Weezie

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by pagarden on June 16, 2004 05:21 PM
SURE! [Smile] and yes i'm pretty glad i found this forum too- i think i might be around for a bit. [Smile] ok so this is our first house and obviously our first garden here. in early spring we dug out a 14x7 feet garden, put in wood walls so it can be a raised bed. after we dug up the grass the earth was a gorgeous dark almost black color, tons of earthworms too! kind of heavy though so we added 2 blocks of peat moss and some composted horse manure. that was all tilled in by our neighbor to probably about 12 inches deep, then we planted. everything was done from seed. water a little every day unless it rains of course, no puddles either. i usually water in the morning if the soil has dried on top. and it gets full sun from about 9 am till roughly 6 pm. on one side i have cucumbers and on the other some carrots and in the back of it the tomatoes. do you think they rob some of the nutrients from the squash? does that help? i do have a picture but have no idea if they can be posted here.
by pagarden on June 21, 2004 09:50 PM
well, i fed it with some regular miracle grow and it seems to be greening up. maybe it was just missing some nutrient? anyhow, it's just fine cause i spotted my first little baby zucchinis the other day! YAY! they are only about an inch long and skinny, but they are there and growing! [Smile]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Spotted Dumb Cane| Next thread: spray n grow »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: