The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Big mistake

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: BIG HOLES in yard?| Next thread: BIG MISTAKE OVERSEEDING LAST FALL »
Back to Thread index
by Meg on June 07, 2004 06:56 PM
Ok, this is surely going to get a laugh from people who know what they are doing in a garden. First off, generally speaking, I have a black thumb. So, to see things grow in my yard, makes me ecstatic. HOWEVER, my husband tilled the front yard, in front of the house for me, and put up a wooden border for me to plant flowers along the front of the house. What we didn't realize, is there were seeds still lingering from a dead tiny pumpkin/squash last halloween that fell off the porch. Thinking they were gone, I had no worries about it. But now.. I have instead of flowers in my flower bed, very stalky, huge leaves, that we are pretty certain are squash of some kind. Now, I have a little yard, and this is in the front of my house. I am not liking the idea of a pumpkin patch for my front yard. HELP?!

-
 -

I reject your reality, and substitue my own!
My favorite digital camera photos that I took.
My family, garden, and a bunch of misc. photos!
by Szykniej on June 07, 2004 09:58 PM
Dig 'em up, replant them in back of the house, and have fun watching to see what they turn into!

Tony from Massachusetts
by largelady@aol.com on June 10, 2004 09:49 PM
Meg,
What's wrong with having a pumpkin growing in the frount yard? I have a small veggie garden right by my frount door. It's great! I put the grape tomato right next to the walk so when I have tomatoes on the plant when I walk by I can pick a few and eat then in the car. I have a big yard but the "garden area" is all the way in the back and it has been taken over by blackberry vines. Have been trying to get rid of them for three years now so I had to move where I plant the veggies or else I wouldn't have any. But anyway, the pumpkin is green and a plant and would look beautiful in the middle of other flowers.
by Meg on June 11, 2004 03:32 PM
Well, I guess I was just worried they'd take over my yard. I heard they can spread. Anyways, I guess I'm going to let them grow this year, and see what happens. They are kinda neat looking now.. I'm starting to see cute curly vines on them. I guess I was more upset over the fact that I'd have no flowers for my front yard. I was supposed to have pansies.. but they never happened. [Eek!]

Meg

-
 -

I reject your reality, and substitue my own!
My favorite digital camera photos that I took.
My family, garden, and a bunch of misc. photos!
by Phil and Laura on June 11, 2004 05:06 PM
Nice lookin Pumpkin/squash? You have there Meg [thumb]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: BIG HOLES in yard?| Next thread: BIG MISTAKE OVERSEEDING LAST FALL »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: