The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

When to plant daffodils?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by gardeningmomma on May 07, 2006 04:23 PM
I have a beautiful flower garden, but would like to add some daffodils. When is the best time to plant daffodil bulbs? And will they come up every year? Or do I have to put new bulbs in each year? Any advice would be greatly appreciated [muggs]
by joclyn on May 07, 2006 05:05 PM
again, depending on your zone, you should be able to plant daffodil bulbs in the fall. in some areas they may need to be planted in very early spring.

yes, they will come up every year.

they multiply pretty easily so, every few years, you may want to pull the bulbs up in the fall and split them out.
by SpringFever on May 08, 2006 02:14 AM
If you have them now you can plant them .. they just wont bloom till the spring

-
 -
Tonight I am having friends for dinner... Hanibal Lector My Album
by gardeningmomma on May 08, 2006 02:00 PM
Thank you [grin]
by patches1414 on May 08, 2006 08:35 PM
I'm in zone 5, so I plant them in the fall and they come up in the spring. [thumb] I leave them in the ground all winter. When they start to get crowded I dig them up and divide them so I always have more bulbs to plant. [Wink] I'm thinking of getting some of the pink ones this fall. They are beautiful and I think the pink with the yellow would be striking. Besides, I love [Love] pink flowers.

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: