The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Dying gardenia

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: dying Dracaena marginata| Next thread: Dying grass »
Back to Thread index
by Healthtouch on May 07, 2006 06:37 AM
I have 2 large (4ft x4ft) gardenias in my yard. Northern California. They are probably 20 years old. They have been very healthy-lots of flowers. One of the bushes is now dying. I can not figure out why!! There are no pests on the leaves. The only climate difference this year is we have had a great deal of rain-but I turned the watering system off for the winter. Any explanations?

D Haines
by weezie13 on May 07, 2006 06:52 AM
Healthtouch,
Just to let you know I am moving your post into
THE PLANTS AND FLOWES SECTION, I think you'll get a few more responses to your specific question in there...

One or two questions for you until someone can get thru to help....

How is your rain supply where the dying one is?
And in respective to where the healthy one is???
Ex: On a slope, both are flat, one's by the house base?

Any thing different going on in the yard near the dying one?

Is it by new neighbors?

Hey, P/S Welcome to The Garden Helper's Forum by the way, where are my manors??? [wavey] [wavey] [wavey]

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Triss on May 07, 2006 06:54 AM
Hi there and welcome to the Forum. I was just posting that you might get more responses down here when Weezie moved it for you.

I know Carmichael well since I grew up in North Highlands. Cannot help much with the gardenia, but wanted to say hello.

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by sapphire on May 08, 2006 08:17 AM
My Gardenia started getting white flies, the leaves started turning dark.
I bought some insecticide for white flies and sprayed an entire gallon on the Gardenia (it is a good size plant). Then I put Miracide on it. So far it seems to be looking better. Although there are still some dark leaves, there are a lot of new green leaves coming out. Where it looks sparse is looking like it should start thickening back up in the middle. Hope so any way.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: dying Dracaena marginata| Next thread: Dying grass »
Back to Thread index