The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Brown leaf tips on Peace Lily plant

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by momsgrl on May 06, 2006 08:59 AM
My Peace Lily plants, both at home & office, have brown tips on several leaves...the tips are [/LIST] [/LIST] totally dead. Otherwise, the plants continue to bloom. Can anyone tell me the cause and solution to this problem?
by RugbyHukr on May 06, 2006 09:43 AM
tap water will brown the tips of plants due to minerals.

i filter my water thru a Brita filter

-
I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/flugnash
by momsgrl on May 06, 2006 09:48 AM
Thanks for the quick reply! I thought I was doing the right thing by letting the tap water sit for a week before using it, but guess that wasn't sufficient. My mom never had a problem, but she had very hard water without a softener added.

Thanks again...and have a wonderful weekend!
by Rosepetal on May 06, 2006 12:41 PM
Mine have brown/yellow tips too. Growing well otherwise so I thought it was normal. Glad I read this, I am using tap water as well.

-
 -
For this "New Year" help me to be kinder and more loving to all around me, I pray.
by Jiffymouse on May 08, 2006 08:23 AM
this should have been in house plants, but since it is being answered here, i'm leaving it. good advice given [thumb]

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: