The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

transplanting mini rose bushes

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Transplanting mature roses| Next thread: transplanting peonies »
Back to Thread index
by Ronda on May 05, 2006 02:16 AM
Hi!
As you know I am new to this forum (2nd question in 2 days) and very challenged in growing flowers. I planted 6 mini rose bushes(from Cottage Farms) last year and I need to move them. The bushes have started to come up, but no blooms yet. I want to transplant them into a half wooden barrel. I have read some information on how to transplant roses from the ground into a container, but I was wondering if you have any helpfull tips, secrets and ideas you can share.

Also, I bought miracle grow flower and garden soil, but should I buy some of the "potting soil" too? (I am sure that is a "flowers 101" question, but I have problems with plastic flowers : )

Thank You,
Ronda

PS. I also asked this question in the "container gardening" forum. Should I ask my questions in differnt forums, depending on the subject?

Ronda
by SpringFever on May 05, 2006 02:34 AM
Ronda ,
Ithink it will be fine as long as you dig deep enough to not disterb the rose bushes.. keep them well watered for the first few days ..
Also roses like epson salt if you sprinkle a little around it before you water ..
I know nothing about the soil part but I am sure someone else will..

-
 -
Tonight I am having friends for dinner... Hanibal Lector My Album
by Ronda on May 05, 2006 10:58 AM
Thank You for the advice.

Ronda

Ronda
by tkhooper on May 06, 2006 01:03 AM
No you shouldn't double post. Choose a room heading that matches your subject and just post there. If you don't get a response within a reasonable length of time contact a hostess and she will help you try and find an answer.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Transplanting mature roses| Next thread: transplanting peonies »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: