The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Bleeding Heart Bushes-out of control

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Bleeding Heart..PLEASE READ NOW!| Next thread: Bleeding heart help »
Back to Thread index
by Antshe on May 03, 2006 11:24 AM
I have 3 bleeding heart bushes that were planted about 70 years ago (they were here when we moved in). They are blooming beautifully, the problem is they are taking over the garden. I would like to dig one up and replant it in another location, but I'm afraid I will kill it. Also, I need to separate/thin them out so we have room for other flowers in the garden. Can anyone tell me how to do this? [flower] [angel]
by afgreyparrot on May 03, 2006 11:50 AM
Hi, Antshe..... [wavey]
Welcome to the forum!

I don't know anything about Bleeding Hearts, but my daughter moved and separated hers with no problem. Not sure when she did it, though...or anything else. But, they are blooming beautifully right now in their new location.

I'm going to move this post down into the Plants and Flowers forum so someone can give you some info.

Nice to meet you!

Cindy

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by Antshe on May 03, 2006 06:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by afgreyparrot:
Hi, Antshe..... [wavey]
Welcome to the forum!

I don't know anything about Bleeding Hearts, but my daughter moved and separated hers with no problem. Not sure when she did it, though...or anything else. But, they are blooming beautifully right now in their new location.

I'm going to move this post down into the Plants and Flowers forum so someone can give you some info.

Nice to meet you!

Cindy

by Wrennie on May 04, 2006 01:19 AM
I moved my bleeding hearts in late fall. Just dug wide around them to get all the root. I never tried to divide mine.

-
 -

-

- Summer Camp '07, July 14th weekend, won't you join us?  -
summer camp thread 1, 2, 3,4
by tamara on May 04, 2006 06:09 AM
I've divided mine with no problem, I have another to divide again this week. They are a tough perennial.

-
 -
Tamara's Photos
Thinking Spring, Thinking Spring...Nope, doesn't work.lol

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Bleeding Heart..PLEASE READ NOW!| Next thread: Bleeding heart help »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: