The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Please help! I have some Questions?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Laurli on May 02, 2006 11:59 AM
Hello Everyone! I am new to gardening. I'm moving in my own place finally!!! I planted some Mixed Ranunculus in pots today to take with to the new place. I was figuring once they started growing I could transfer. I read that they should be planted in zones 8-10. I am not in these zones. I am I believe in zone 6-b. I live in Quakertown Pa. Between Philadelphia and Allentown. I don't want them to die. So if I'm wrong and they will be fine can someone please help. Thanks!
by weezie13 on May 02, 2006 02:20 PM
You can consider those a bulb, just like a gladioli or a dahlia ...

You can plant them, no problem...

Dig it up *the bulb* in the fall and store frost-free area, like your basement... for replanting in springtime again, or re-pot for indoor winter flowering.

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Wrennie on May 03, 2006 01:59 AM
The zone 8-10 just means those zones are warm enough in the winter that the bulbs will come back next year without being dug up. I've seen ranunculus grown here in zone 5 in planters.

-
 -

-

- Summer Camp '07, July 14th weekend, won't you join us?  -
summer camp thread 1, 2, 3,4
by joclyn on May 03, 2006 08:21 AM
[wavey] heya, 'neighbor'!! welcome!!

they should do just fine...as weezie said, you will have to dig them up for the winter tho...
by alankhart on May 03, 2006 08:33 AM
I am in zone 6b/7a and I leave mine in the ground and mulch over them and so far they return each year. But, as mentioned, you can dig them up in the fall and store them overwinter. Keep in mind they go dormant in summer, so you'll need to mark where you planted them.

-
 -
 -
by Laurli on May 04, 2006 12:46 AM
Thanks to everyone who responded!!!

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: