The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

New to forum... Pictures of my Living room :)

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by BrysonK on September 17, 2005 04:08 PM
I've stumbled across this site a few months ago, and have been reading the forums here and finally signed up for an account. I hope this will be a great learning resource for all of my plant questions [Smile]

Here's a few shots of my current plants in my living room:

From left to right: Giant Bird of Paradise, White Bird of Paradise, Bird of Paradise, Philodendrum, Banana plant
 -

Dracana, Fiscus Tree, Yukka tips, and my small snake plant
 -

Wide view of my living room:
 -

My mini greenhouse with pitcher plants and orchids, along with my giant snake plant and chinese fan palm
 -

Plant table with various dwarf banana plants, orange tree, and bromeliad:
 -
 -
by BrysonK on September 17, 2005 04:09 PM
Large view of tables (yukka plant, white bird of paradise and large banana plant on the right)

-

Pitcher Plants and paph:

-

-

Not shown : 3 other orchids (not blooming) [cataylla, paph, phal], corn plant, umbrella tree/bush, various other little plants.

I plan on making a planter in the very near future to plant all my tropical plants in. Any ideas/suggestions on where to put them all? BTW, the large livingroom window is south facing.
I hope you all enjoy my collection [Smile]

BK
by MaryReboakly on September 17, 2005 04:48 PM
BK that is absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE the red and black & white polka dot window treatments - what an awesome backdrop for those beautiful plants!!! I'm floored! So striking!

I have an idea -- you run outta room, I'll send you my addy, and you can store your stuff here [Wink]

-
 -
by Cricket on September 17, 2005 05:43 PM
WOW! You have my dream living room jungle! Absolutely stunningly gorgeous!!! [Cool]

quote:
I have an idea -- you run outta room, I'll send you my addy, and you can store your stuff here
I have a much better idea! I live only one province away - much less costly to ship your plants west. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Sorry, Mary. [kissies]

BTW, Bryson, welcome to the forum! Thanks for sharing those fabulous photos! [Cool]
by Cricket on September 17, 2005 05:53 PM
The pitcher plant is exquisite! [Cool]
by Cricket on September 17, 2005 05:57 PM
And those black pots look really sharp!
by wayner2000 on September 17, 2005 06:30 PM
HI BK, faboulous pics, enjoyed them immensely and viewing them, it felt as though I was there..........Wayne

-
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you..........
by gardenmom32210 on September 17, 2005 08:15 PM
GREAT PICS!

Absolutely Stunning [clappy]

G-Mom [grin]
by Erinne on September 18, 2005 01:05 AM
Good lord, you live in a jungle! I'm so jealous. My cats won't let me have so many nice plants like that.

Peace and Soybeans,

Erinne
by mrsrancesongs on September 18, 2005 02:53 AM
Awesome plants, beautiul arrangements! Thanks for sharing.
by Jiffymouse on September 18, 2005 05:55 AM
it wouldn't take much for me to be so very jealous. beautiful room!
by loz on September 19, 2005 06:52 PM
Oh, I love your living room! I always feel better being surrounded by plants in the house...not that my husband always agrees, but luckily for him he lets me do my own thing! LOL

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Laura [Smile]
by BrysonK on September 22, 2005 10:40 AM
Did some changes, got tired of the pots so i built a planter (dont worry, i'll make the outside of it better)

Still a work in progress, 2 days work so far. Still need to plant a few more plants, and tidy things up.

- Bird chilling out on waterfall [Smile]

-

-

-

-
by BrysonK on September 22, 2005 10:41 AM
 -

-

-

-

-

Any suggestions on water plants now?
by mich168 on September 23, 2005 03:00 AM
wow, that looks fantasic. You really are living in a jungle.

as for water plants, check this out for some ideas:

http://www.greengold.com.au/greengold/CARENOTES/CARENOTES/aquatic%20plants.htm

-
 -
by JustAGirl on September 23, 2005 08:17 AM
All I can say is WOW! Absolutely Marvelous! Oh and can I move in? [Embarrassed] Your bird is so adorable chillin by the waterfall. His very own paradise. I want a living room like that so that when you come home everyday it's like your very own paradise..an exotic locale far away from your hometown. Would be nice to always feel like you were on vacation. *L*

Anyways enough of my babbling. Welcome to the forum! [thumb] [flower]
by BrysonK on September 23, 2005 09:04 AM
Heh, im sure you can see all this outside since you live in Cali [Razz]
by JustAGirl on September 24, 2005 07:42 AM
Well not really..maybe if I lived in Southern California I would see this outside my house. Better yet if I lived in Hawaii *L* But I don't so I just have to admire your jungle living room for now. [grin]

My parakeets would love that set up. [flower]
by Spider Lady on September 25, 2005 08:48 AM
I'm with the others--That's my kind of place! And my one cat would think he'd died & gone to heaven. I have one room down in the basement that is off limits to cats. I already have some low-light plants in it--including a Snake Plant. I'd love it to look like your room! Lynne [thumb]
by gomerp618 on September 25, 2005 08:56 AM
I love the red walls as a back drop for your plants, it really brings out the green in them and gives them a dramatic effect. Your living room is my dream!

Lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks I am!
by Torby on September 29, 2005 01:14 AM
Wow!
by MeggieQC on October 13, 2005 06:31 AM
Holy Macaroni

That;s a nice leaving room. I can;t not wait to move out of my apartment just to get a room like your

Good job. Love the bird too it is so cute
by tifflo on October 13, 2005 08:32 PM
Wow!! You did a wonderful job on the planter. Looks like a professional job already! Absolutely stunning!
by Stupe on October 14, 2005 06:15 PM
many thumbs up!!!

Stupe
by Myrna on December 08, 2005 07:36 AM
that is truly amazing, thanks for sharing the pics!!

Myrna R

life is like a box chocolates you never know what you are going to get (unless you pop the bottoms in first!)
by Francine on December 08, 2005 09:10 AM
WOW!

CONGRATULATION from another canadian,it s gorgeous,it must ve been a lot a work but it was all worth it,how much soil s in there,lot a work.

maybe i m a bit too paranoid but aren t you afraid with a water garden inside,anyhow it is beautiful B-E-AU-TI-F-U-L!!

FRANCINE.

http://photobucket.com/albums/d23/fv1962/
by VTFungus on December 18, 2005 10:38 PM
[flower] I am so jealous! I love how they are planted indoors [Love] [thumb]
by dodge on December 19, 2005 09:19 AM
THOSE ARE SPLENDID....
[clappy] [clappy]
ONLY SOLUTION I CAN COME UP WITH, BUILD A GIANT GREEN HOUSE..........
THEY DO BUILD SOME GORGOUSE ALL GLASS PATIOS FOR SUN LOVERS...... [angel]
PRICE IS GORGOUS TOO.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK......
PS......CALL ME NEXT SPRING IF YOU HAVE ORCHID ROOTS TO SWAP??????//;O)
DODGE

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''
by Myrna on December 21, 2005 05:03 AM
If you are looking for watr plants have you tried an umbrella plant? They grow quick and tall and after they flower the flower falls back into the water and than it roots and starts again. I have a small one at home, but it won't flower for awhile yet.

Myrna R

life is like a box chocolates you never know what you are going to get (unless you pop the bottoms in first!)

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: