The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

An Idea For TKHooper

Willy's Place » Members Favorite Recipes
Pages: 2 1
by Merme on April 05, 2005 05:15 PM
Hi TK ~ [wayey]

Early this morning I had a great thought for you!

Because there are many of us on the forum with either chronic health issues OR temporary illness which make constant meal ideas another chronic hassle in our lives, why don't you make a thread of your great ideas?

It would be a benefit to ALL of us, because even the healthy folks could print out the thread and file it someplace just in case they ever get into a predicament!

[thumb]

Merme

-
 -

"In the midst of winter, I learned there lives in me an invincible summer" Camus (maybe a paraphrase)
by tkhooper on April 05, 2005 08:29 PM
Ok Merme,

If you think it might be of interest I'd be glad to. Recipies can take up a lot of room do you think that would be a problem?

-
 -
by Merme on April 05, 2005 08:52 PM
Actually, I was thinking we could do the discussion part in this thread and you could post actual recipes (as needed) in the recipe forum.

Merme

-
 -

"In the midst of winter, I learned there lives in me an invincible summer" Camus (maybe a paraphrase)
by tkhooper on April 05, 2005 09:11 PM
That sounds like a good idea. So I'm not very good at titles. Could you name the string and I'll jump right in maybe with some meal plans around that capon you have?

-
 -
by Merme on April 05, 2005 09:27 PM
Actually, TK, you could just continue right from here on this thread because it already explains the topic.

Or, you can get fancy and start another one entitled "TK's Brilliant Meal Plan Options for The Dinner Time Challenged (aka Merme!)" [Embarrassed]

Or something eye-catching like "What To Do When You Look At A Full Pantry And Freezer And Can't Dream Up A Single Thing To Cook For Supper!" [Big Grin]

Or..."For Heaven's Sakes, DON'T Call Delivery (Yet Again) When Your Kitchen Is Stuffed But Your Mind Is Blank!"

Oh, do just jump right in, TK, I NEED those ideas of yours!

[kissies]

Merme

-
 -

by tkhooper on April 05, 2005 09:43 PM
Okay Dokay.

Roasted Capon
Stuffing & Gravy
Fresh tossed salad
Mint fool
Dinner Rolls and butter (optional)
Mint or Orange tea

Notes:
I think stove top stuffing done in the bird is great.
Adding mandrin oranges and blanched almonds with a sweet & sour dressing makes for an unusual but yummy salad.
Sun tea is always a nice addition to the table as long as getting to sleep is not a problem.

Please help me name these plans so they will be easier to find. I will add the title to each plan so that they will be easier to keep straight ok?

-
 -
by Merme on April 05, 2005 09:51 PM
Please post that Mint Fool recipe in the recipe forum, TK. Sounds delicious!

Now you see, THIS is a meal I could put together but would never have thought of in a million years.

I can't think of what you should be calling this, but perhaps the others will have a good idea!

Merme

-
 -

by tkhooper on April 05, 2005 09:55 PM
Space Alien salad
Chicken and Dumplins
Green Beans a la tammy (lol)
Mock minosas(sp)

Notes:
Space Alien Salad (boys and rabbit food)
Small scoop of cream cheese, celery sticks, carrot sticks, green onions, sliced bell peppers.
use the cream cheese as a base and stick the veggies out of it for a nice dip that is fun for kids.

Green Beans a la tammy (lol)

Drain the french cut canned green beans add 2 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons diced onions, 1 tablespoon bacon bits, a few pomentos diced and a 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder. Salt and pepper to taste.

Mock minosas

1/2 glass orange juice
1/2 glass 7 up
swizzle stick
and an orange slice and marichino cherry.

Boy can i not spell.

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 05, 2005 10:28 PM
This is one of those things that came to me watching the commercials where they paint a picture using food. So this seems like the perfect time to put it on paper so to speak.

Build a basket weave frame from bread cut into long slices placed vertically and then horizontally around the outside of the plate. Leave the crust on the bread slices.

Sliced Hard Boiled Eggs
Green Onions
Sliced carrots
Marigold blooms

Green onions place on plate white end down and use the leaves as stems for blossums made from the carrots layers arount the sliced hard boiled eggs intersperse the marigold blooms with the egg slices. For something different.

Milk coffee or tea
Spreadable cheese

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 05, 2005 11:33 PM
Citrus Salad
Navy bean soup
Corn Bread & butter
Sorbet

Milk, Coffee or Tea

Note: This is the time to use the less sweet corn bread and a salted butter.
This is a great use for the crockpot.

An alternative to the citrus salad is a tomato, onion, mushroom salad in a herb dressing/marinade

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 05, 2005 11:37 PM
name for first recipe "Stuffed Rooster" or maybe not.

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 06, 2005 03:14 AM
London Broil
Au Gratin Potatoes
Peas
Glazed Pears
three tier Sponge Cake with whipped cream frosting

Milk, Coffee or Tea

Note: For this I like a herb rub rather than a marinade for the london broil.

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 06, 2005 04:40 PM
Shrimp Parfait
Herb Garlic Roast
Broasted Potatoes
Broccoli with Butter Sauce
Garlic Bread
Flan

Milk Coffee or Tea

Note this is rich so plan on making small servings.

Time: The Shrimp parfait can be made the night before with no loss of flavor. Potatoes can be cut ahead as long as they are put in the refregerator in water with a little (stay fresh vegtable stuff). I don't know what to call it. The roast can be rubbed in the morning or even the night before and left in the refrig. Because I've never grown my own vegtables I've always used the frozen birds eye so I'm not sure about doing them ahead. And I buy the texas toast so it's three minutes in the over at the end of roasting time and it's done.

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 06, 2005 04:54 PM
When it is hot outside a cold dinner is easier to prepare. And very satisfing.

Vichyssoise
Cabbage & Carrot Salad
Bread Sticks
Cheese Cubes & Pepperone slices

Ice Tea

Note Vichyssoise can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. The Cabbage & carrot salad and it's dressing can be done a couple of days ahead also. Cheese and peperoni can also be done in the morning. I don't like doing the cheese much earlier than that because it starts to get hard. Bread sticks I usually buy so they are ready whenever I am lol.

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 06, 2005 05:00 PM
An entire meal in an eatable bowl.

The tortilla salad

Sangria with citrus fruit floating on top

Note: The tortilla "bowl" shape can be achieved by taking the freshly fried tortilla and draping it over a cereal bowl. There is no need to spend extra buying these pre-made in the store.

Definitely everything here can be done ahead as long as you drain the hamberger very well. Then when it is time to eat just toss everything into the tortilla and enjoy.

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 06, 2005 05:05 PM
Fancy Smancy

French Onion Soup
Garden Fresh Salad
Standing Rib Roast
Green Bean Cassarole
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
Cherries Jubilee

Milk, Coffee & Tea

Note; I've gotten raves for this meal and the hardest thing to do is to remember to call the butcher a week in advance so he has the size standing rib roast I need waiting for me at the store.
I did this for my boyfriends birthday and got back rubs for a month.

Time wise this isn't as bad as it looks. The french onion soup is liptons dry onion soup, crutons & preshredded mild chedar cheese. Garden salad of course you can do in the morning and I certainly would. Green Bean Casserole again I used canned green beans, canned cream of mushroom soup and fried onion again from the can. (I am so bad). The standing rib roast is such a wonderful piece of meat all that's required is sticking it in the pan shoving in the meat themometer and turning on the oven. Mashed Potatoes and gravy dare I say instant? Cherries Jubilee yes everything should be done before hand either the day before or the morning of except scooping out the ice cream and lighting it on fire lol.

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 06, 2005 05:12 PM
For the crockpot

Corned Beef & Cabbage (potatoes too)
Corn Bread
Custard

Ale, or Stout

Note; I'd call it the 4 c's but that would sound like a fish dish lol. [grin]

-
 -
by Merme on April 06, 2005 07:38 PM
THANKS, TK, for these wonderful ideas!

Now for some questions.

If you click on the paper and pencil icon at the top of one of your posts, you can enter that post again and add to it. So....would you mind going back in them and indicate which parts of each meal could be done in advance and by how far ahead?

Lots of times I am feeling pretty well the night before or early in the morning and then am sick and weak by dinner time. So if I could take advantage of my stronger hours to make dinner production time easier, that would be marvelous. [thumb]

Also, while you are typing these ideas up, COULD YOU PLEASE STRAIN OUT ALL THE CALORIES FOR ME?! [Big Grin] My cardiologist told me this morning he wants me to lose the last 15 pounds on my diet.

Merme
PS you can also use the edit icon to add titles if you want to.

-
 -

by tkhooper on April 06, 2005 08:43 PM
Merme,

Do not go anywhere near these recipes if you are on a diet...any kind of diet. I am over 200 pounds and love to cook with fats. It tastes great but the calore counter would have a nervous breakdown. Even the salads are not safe after I get done with the dressing.

How do you feel about: fish, rice, baked meats? And what kind of a diet did the doctor recommend? Some say bread some say not, ect.

You can still roast the capon but do the stuffing on the stove so it doesn't soak up the fats from the bird. Also use a lowfat margerine not butter. And of course you have to take the skin off the bird and basically pat it dry before you eat it. Capons have been raised in such a way that they are much plumper(fatter) than regular chicken, just what you don't need on a diet but the taste.....

-
 -
by Merme on April 07, 2005 06:51 AM
Not to worry, TK, I am a MASTER at eliminating fats and calories out of recipes without changing the quality of them. I should be, after all the weight I've lost!

I was only joshing you about straining out the calories. Nana's11 used to serve up piping hot muffins every morning in cyber space and they were completely calorie free as long as we ate them on-line! [Big Grin]

The only trick to successful weight loss is learning how to appropriately manage ordinary food. Extreme or radical or terribly restrictive diets don't produce lasting results because no one can eat that weird way for the rest of their lives. It is SLOWER to lose weight by managing ordinary food correctly, and we are so impatient for results!, but the final outome is healthy and lasting.

So here's my quetion:

I have never prepared ribs of any kind but that standing rib roast sounds great and the photos I have seen of them are awesome. Do you think a novice rib cooker could do one successfully? It seems perfect for serving on that special evening with loved ones gathered round.

Merme

-
 -

by tkhooper on April 07, 2005 02:58 PM
Don't think of them as ribs more like steaks standing up in a circle. With a meat themometer they are way simple. The only reason to save them for a special occassion is the cost. They are not cheap. Also a very small one will serve six.

Your loved one will rave. I always feel alittle guilty because it is so easy.

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 07, 2005 03:02 PM
grrrrrrrrrrrrrr it won't let me go back and edit, says it's been to long. Well ask about any of them I wasn't able to edit and I'll let you know. ok?

-
 -
by Dixie Angel on April 07, 2005 03:03 PM
I am gaining weight just reading this topic! [Big Grin]

Dianna

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 07, 2005 03:07 PM
Fried Chicken
Corn on the cob
Mac & Cheese
Coleslaw
Dinner Rolls & Butter
Beverage

When I do fried chicken I usually do enough for several days because it is just as good cold as it is hot. The coleslaw can be done a head of time and should be. It will last a long time in the refrigerator. Mac & cheese if you do the velveta cheese can be refrigerated and reheated but the box kind really can't.

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 07, 2005 03:22 PM
Romantic dinner

Oysters on the half shell (served on a bed of ice garnished with parsley and lemon slices.
Iced grapes
Sweet Italian Sausage Meatballs Egg noodles in cream sauce
Tomatoes and Mushrooms in a tarrigon marinade
Fruit cubes with sour cream dip
Soft Bread Sticks

Beverage Anything from Bitters to a champagne cocktail works with this

Note: Just about everyting can be done a head except the Egg noodles and actually cooking the meatballs. The oysters I would do in the morning. The iced grapes can be done the day before. The tomato/mushroom dish needs to marinade for 24 hours or so. And the fruit cubes can be done that morning also. The bread sticks are the ones pillsbury makes. So it's just take them out of the can and bake. And then enjoy.

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 07, 2005 03:23 PM
Heavens!!!!

I blushed through that entire meal plan [Embarrassed]

-
 -
by Dixie Angel on April 07, 2005 03:23 PM
I love fried chicken, but I never have been able to fry it up. Mine always seems so dry and tough! I can't get it crispy! Good thing that we have a Kentucky Fried Chicken around here. [Big Grin]

Dianna

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 07, 2005 03:30 PM
Hey sweetie how you doing?

Crispy fried chicken? Find a recipe that calls for a batter rather than just a coating and then use a deep frier to cook it in. But if you just want moist rather than dry use the shake and bake. or if you want to coat it you won't get the crispy crust but you can keep it moist by not adding salt to your coating or chicken prior to cooking and by cooking on a bearly medium setting. Takes about 45 minutes sometimes a little longer but that keeps it "golden" rather than going brown and it keeps it moist. Also make sure the chicken you are getting at the store is plump. Poke it with your finger it should make a depression that springs back up. The chicken should also be somewhat yellow in color rather than pasty white.

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 07, 2005 03:52 PM
Pink Salmon Steaks
Spinach Salad
Boiled Potatoes
Asparagus with cream sauce
Corn Bread
Cheese cake
Tartar Sauce, Ketchup, Malt Vinegar

Beverages: Lemonade

If you have never seen Pink Salmon it is bright orange in color when you see it you'll know what it is. I use a cracker coating with "Old Bay Seasoning". Although they can be coated ahead the actual cooking has to be done right before serving, but they don't have to cook long. The salad can be done the night before no problem. If you don't like spinach or don't want to have to mess with cleaning the grit out of it. I substitute romaine lettuce. The large purple onion is the one I like in these salads. If you can find them the little white potatoes are best for boiling in my opinion. The ones with the very thin skin. Making the corn bread batter in the morning is actually a good idea, it will make the bread fluffier. I like the creamier cheese cakes but that's just me. I know there are cheesecake recipies for diabetics that are just as wonderful as regular cheesecake recipies. Just remember the lower the temperature it's cooked at the creamier the results.

-
 -
by Dixie Angel on April 07, 2005 04:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by tkhooper:
Hey sweetie how you doing?

Getting hungry!

Thanks for the tips on the fried chicken.

Dianna

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 07, 2005 04:48 PM
Your welcome Dianna any time.

Merme, re ribs the trick is to boil them first and then add whatever sauce you want and then just broil long enough to marry the flavor of the sauce to the meat. If you try to broil or barbaque them for the actual cooking you will end up with barbaqued bones lol.

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 07, 2005 04:54 PM
Consumme
Crab Cakes
Tatar Tots
Baked Beans
Green Bean Almondine
Ice Cream
Tartar Sauce, ketchup, vinegar (malt)

Beverage Cream Soda

Ah the happy memories of childhood.
Crab Cakes can be done in the morning as they should be refrigerated prior to shaping into cakes. Every thing else is can, bag, or box under the heading of 15 minutes or less. Not to say that I'm lazy but I did work most of my life so cooking had to be fast.

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 07, 2005 04:59 PM
Blintz with Cherry compote
Orange Slices
sausage patties

Apple juice

Note spice up the apple juice with a touch of pumpkin pie spice. and one of those orange slices.

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 07, 2005 05:13 PM
Very light green salad
Seafood Bisque
Sour Dough Bread Thick Sliced

A May White Wine if you can find it. Marysville Washington used to put one out but I can't remember the name.

This is the time to use iceberg lettuce because the bisque is very very very rich. I don't think anyone would have room for dessert after this meal but.....fresh fruit would be best if there is room.

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 07, 2005 07:07 PM
Watercress Salad
French Dip
Cottage Fries
Swiss Cheese
Lemon Meringe Pie

Coffee, Tea or milk

Note: Salad can be done the night before. The roast should be done right before serving because they always seem to get tough when they sit in the refrigerator (or maybe thats just me). Since this cheese is sliced I would do it right before serving. And of course I buy the pie. lol The nice thing about roasts is that it's just popping them in a pan and shoving them in the over and then checking on them from time to time, not a lot of work and broken down into increments so I don't wear my self out. Au Jus if you use the packets can be made any time and just warmed up right before you serve.

Needless to say I like the sour dough rolls for this recipe. The rolls are tough enough to hold together during the dipping.

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 07, 2005 07:47 PM
Tempura Shrimp
Rice with Mushrooms
Julienne Carrots
Black Forrest Cake

Condiments: Dry yellow mustard made up into sauce(if you like it really hot add alittle horseradish sauce), Ketchup, Sweet & Sour Sauce, Lemon Sauce, Soy Sauce, Teriaki Sauce, seseme(sp) seeds.

Green Tea

Note: The mushrooms I use in the rice dish are those (shaki type, of course I can't remember the name) They are brown and kind of strange in appearance but have a lot more flavor than the button.) If you have leftover batter, dip in califlower, broccoli, or button mushrooms and fry. The batter can be done in the morning no problem. I don't like doing mushrooms early cause they shrivel. Carrots can certainly be cut in advance. If you have a fondue pot put your oil in that and let everyone cook their own. Just put the scewer and batter out on the table. It takes very little time to cook shrimp and a little longer for the veggies. If you want to have everything scewered in advance that's good too. Any you know I buy the cake premade lol.

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 07, 2005 08:16 PM
I can't find the shutoff switch for my brain!!!

Stuffed Pork Chops
Steamed Artichokes
Biscuits & Gravy
Fruit Cocktail

Condiments: Mustard dip, Mayonnaise, Herb butter sauce.

Coffee, Tea or Milk

Note: this is alittle time consumming so you may want to do it on one of your good days. You could do the artichokes a head of time. But I stuff right after making it and immediately cook any time I have eggs and meat in the same place.

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 07, 2005 08:22 PM
This is possitively the last one until I lay down for awhile my back is not happy.

Lamb Chops & Mint Jelly/Sauce
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Spinach
Vanilla Pudding

Beverage: A nice rosa

Top the vanilla Pudding with a little of the mint jelly/sauce depending on what you could find at the store. These mashed potatoes really don't go well with gravy but butter.....yum.

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 08, 2005 05:25 AM
Ceasar Salad
Roast Pork Tenderloin
Baked Potato
Beets
Apple Pie

Note: Wrap the pork tenderloin in bacon and then a herb crust and use a meat themometer because if it dries out it loses all it's flavor.

-
 -
by Merme on April 08, 2005 06:12 AM
Hi TK ~

Thanks for these ideas! I've been downloading them into a file.

Two questions:

In one of the recent posts that begins with a watercress salad and some dips I think, there is no mention of meat. But in the notes you reference a roast of some sort and sourdough rolls?

I make a killer good pot roast which I usually serve with Yorkshire Pudding. What a feast!

Second question: I do not own a meat thermometer, so what should I look for in terms of features when purchasing one and what is reasonable to spend on such an item?

Merme

-
 -

by tkhooper on April 08, 2005 12:54 PM
Good Morning Merme,

French Dip, is traditionally a steam ship round but that is way to big for anything less than a party. So you can use a bottom round roast or top round roast. Pot roast is usually cut with grain rather than cross grain so is not a good choice. Also This roast is baked not boiled. The au jus is made after. These are not top quality cuts of meat so they have to be cut very thin and the slices layered on the rolls.

Meat Themometers are very inexpensive I usually find mine at the dollar store. One maybe two dollars. They are pretty much generic. I like the ones with a metal prong and a wheel shaped gage but that's just personal preference. I think they fit in the oven better lol. The flat ones have to stand up or you can't see the gage to read it and if it's a turkey or large cut of meat that ain't always easy lol. Of course the wheel shaped ones don't fit in the drawers very well so it's a trade off.

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 08, 2005 12:56 PM
Merme,

How do you download stuff? I would love to do that but I only have note pad that comes with windows nothing extra.

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 08, 2005 01:01 PM
I love yorkshire pudding, popovers too but how do you get away with all that fat?

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 08, 2005 01:12 PM
Did you know that if you use your leftover navy bean soup (second day when it is mushy) as a base for white clam chowder you will get rave reviews?

serve with Veggies: Just slice some cucumbers, onions and radishes place in vinegar and water. Green onions, bulb end placed in water.

I put potatoes and onions in my navy bean soup so I really don't need to add anything but water and clams to the chowder.

Bread and Butter

Pumpkin pie with whipped cream yummy

Almost everything is a do a head on this meal plan.

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 08, 2005 01:33 PM
When the Boss comes to dinner

Peperoni, Greek Green Olives, Black Olive, blue cheese salad with a vinegarette dressing
Lobster Thermador
Mexican Corn
Wild Rice
Cracked Wheat Bread with butter

Kiwi Fruit with vanilla ice cream

Note use several leaves of endive to make a "bowl" then add the other salad items inside. for the dressing think "italian" and add spices accordingly. I figured since you live in Maine I had to provide at least one lobster recipe.

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 08, 2005 01:52 PM
A Little Story: Having been married more than once (don't ask) I have had some very interesting in-laws. One father-in-law was once married to a gourmet chef. I had just started cooking and his ex-wife would not give me any help in the kitchen (wasn't good enough for her son...). So there I was, a steak and potato woman having to cook for a culinary "brat". What did I do?

Onion Soup
Pork Chop Suprise
Green Beans with walnuts
White Rice
Mandrin Orange Tart

What is Pork Chop suprise (hehehe) my father-in-law asked the same question after draging me all around Okinawa Japan for an entire day. My hostessing skills went right out the window and I said Pork Chops and anything else I find underneath the sink. Fortunately I haven't killed anyone with my cooking even when I was just starting out.

Pork Chops, cream of mushroom soup, waterchestnuts, tarragon, salt, pepper & garlic all slowly simmered over the stove until done. The "darling" man was very happy with dinner. Which was a good thing cause I don't like most seafood and definitely not if it tastes fishy which most okinawan food did. So of course eating in a restaraunt over there was out of the question unless it was kobi(sp) beef. That's beef that is raised on nothing but beer. Very tender.

For some reason that marriage didn't last....but I did learn to make ox tail soup and a bunch of other things.

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 08, 2005 06:07 PM
Romaine, Red Onion & Corn Bread Crouton Salad
Chicken Corden Bleu
Cream Corn
Mashed Turnips with sour cream and butter
Cranberry Sauce

Coffee, tea or milk

Note: Salad & Chicken Corden Bleu can be prepared ahead but wrap the chicken in plastic because it will dry out. Not sure that made sense. You can wrap it all together into it's little loaves but you can't cook it until it is time to eat. Does that make sense? I must be having one of my days.

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 09, 2005 03:09 PM
Poached Eggs
Corned Beef Hash
Biscuits & Country Gravy
Fresh green onions or chives

Hot Chocolate flavored with Orange Java, fruit juice

For when Its cold outside. For the longest time I wouldn't even try to poach an egg (+20 years) but I finally got up the courage and found it was really easy. And I wouldn't touch Corned Beef Hash. (Finicky eater here.) But the older I get the less restrictions I put on myself so I tried it and guess what I like it. Depending on energy constraints I usually rely on boxed, canned pre-made items from the grocery store. But corned beef hash is basically a dish made with leftovers and the mashed potatoes from yesterday if you have any leftovers from yesterday work just as good as diced potatoes fried today.

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 09, 2005 03:24 PM
Souffles...yes they fall,... yes they require their very own specialized baking dishes,...yes they are time consuming to make,....no the flavor is not such that it is worth the effort. That's just my opinion. But if you would like me to add some here I certainly will. I think everyone should try to make one, at least once just to say they have. But then I'm like that way curious.

-
 -
by tkhooper on April 09, 2005 03:33 PM
Liver & Onions
Baked Potato with all the fixin's
Mixed Veggies
Multi-grain Rolls & butter
Viennatee(sp) Ice Cream if you can find it

Condiments: Butter, Sour Cream, Bacon Bits, Chives & Shredded Cheese

Coffee, Tea or Milk

Note: This is the liver & onions that are done with bacon and white grapes rather than the one done in country gravy. The ice cream is a brand that I used to be able to find in the stores around here but haven't seen recently. It's an ice cream loaf layer with very thin layers of hard chocolate and other flavors. They use a european styled ice cream much richer than american brands. If you can find it, it is heavenly. Cut very small slices it goes a long way.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: