The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Honeysuckle Plant

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: honeysuckle help| Next thread: Honeysuckle Problems »
Back to Thread index
by vicjo on April 28, 2006 08:44 AM
I want to take a cutting from my 4 yr old honeysuckle and transfer to our lake home. How do I do this
by patches1414 on April 28, 2006 08:53 PM
Hi vicjo! [wavey]

Welcome to the forum! It's so nice to meet you! Why do you want to take a cutting? [dunno] I've always just dug up some of the newer growth and planted it. Then you have some well-established roots. [thumb]

You're going to love [Love] it here. There are so many wonderful people at this site. Glad to have you aboard and I hope to see you on some of the forums. [muggs]

Have a beautiful day! [flower] [flower] [flower]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by weezie13 on April 29, 2006 12:40 AM
Vicjo,
Welcome to The Garden Helper's Forum!!!
We're very glad you found us....

I did just want to let you know that I was going
to move your post into the PLANTS AND FLOWERS SECTION, and I think you'll get a few more responses into there...

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by joclyn on April 29, 2006 04:51 AM
it would probably be easier to dig up some of the suckers and transplant them at your other location.

just make sure to dig down deep enough to get a good amount of the roots!! also, i'd lightly moisten the root ball and loosely wrap it (a terry cloth towel will do) for the trip...even if it's just an hour or so...

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: honeysuckle help| Next thread: Honeysuckle Problems »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: