The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Vacation watering

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Vacation watering| Next thread: Vacuum contents »
Back to Thread index
by plantgirl on September 13, 2005 12:07 PM
I'm heading out Thursday for about 12 days. While I have a friend who will water for me, I wanted to make it easy on her. I have about 10 house plants that will need to be watered in a sink or something so they don't make a mess. The others can be watered in their pots. These vary from dracaenas to a dieffenbachia and a spider plant.
I'm wondering if I could set them in my dark bathtub for the whole time or if that would be too much for them. Then she could just pour the de-chlorinated water on them and not have to worry.

Thoughts?

Thank you,
plantgirl
by RugbyHukr on September 13, 2005 10:09 PM
I live in SoCal & I only water my houseplants about every 2 weeks. 1 or 2 more often. You could always sit them in a pan of water.

-
I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/flugnash
by Jiffymouse on September 14, 2005 05:13 AM
if you put them in the tub, set them up on something so you can put some water in the tub under them, but not have them sitting in the water, then you can leave the light on, and the humidity from the water will make it where your friend will only have to water one time while you are away. if that!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Vacation watering| Next thread: Vacuum contents »
Back to Thread index