The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Confederate Rose

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: confederate jasmine| Next thread: Confederate Rose Hibiscus ?? »
Back to Thread index
by kimdyer on April 26, 2006 02:38 AM
My mother gave me a cutting at Christmas. It did well, until I planted it on 4-15-06. I have been watering it a lot. I consider 1 gallon a lot since I don't water anything very much. It has been in the high 80's. Since I've heard not to water during heat of the day, I pour a gallon of water at the base in the morning, around 7:30. It has 4 large leaves that are turning brown around the edges. They stand up strong in the morning, but by lunchtime, they're wilty. There are 2 new leaf buds at the top of the main stem. It is in full-sun. Is my watering habits causing the leaf problem? Thank you for any advise! My mother's plant is incredible and I hope mine will be one day. All she does is come home from work and spray the base of her's for a minute.
by rogmee on April 26, 2006 03:27 PM
When I set out a new plant I always mulch it with leaves. The mulch will help retain the moisture in the ground.

Mulch can be anything. Newspaper, cardboard, rocks, shredded pine bark, leaves, etc. Anything that will cover the soil.

Leave an inch or so around the stem of your rose mulch free to prevent disease.

Good luck. Hope this helps

Roger

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: confederate jasmine| Next thread: Confederate Rose Hibiscus ?? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: