The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Salvia problems

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Salvia divinorum| Next thread: Same water different plant »
Back to Thread index
by Jimmy_Hitler on August 19, 2005 04:31 PM
i have a big salvia plant growing in my living room, and i have just discovered that its leafs are being eaten by mites! anyone got any ideas? spraying the leafs with insecticide will make it difficult for me to eat the leafs later :/
by gconn77 on August 19, 2005 10:06 PM
Hmm... eat the leaves? LOL... maybe it might help? Try washing the plant and changing out the soil. and stop eating this plant... it has chemical effects on the mind! I guess maybe, you already know that!

Eitherway, I hope that you can get back control over your plant. Again, I would wash it with mild mild mild soapy water and sponge... change out as much of the soil possible.... clean and bleach the pot while the plant is out of it.... should work, hopefully.... not sure... that is what I would do and if it didn't work, then I would probably post the same question here.

-
by Jimmy_Hitler on August 20, 2005 12:49 PM
bleach the pot? what do i do? soak the pot in javex or something? i dont wanna do that part.
by gconn77 on August 20, 2005 02:24 PM
I wouldn't do it if it was a clay pot... but plasic.. sure, kills all the bacteria... just rinse it well afterwards.

-
by Jimmy_Hitler on August 25, 2005 02:45 AM
its a big clay pot. and it has white mold or something on it. any ideas?

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Salvia divinorum| Next thread: Same water different plant »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: