The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Aloe Plant SOS !

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: aloe plant help...please!| Next thread: Aloe Plants »
Back to Thread index
by Kebab on August 07, 2005 11:06 PM
A friend of mine bought me an Aloe Plant, which has been sprouting a couple of new leaves and doing very nicely, however, it is just starting to lose its bright green colour, and basically doesn't look very healthy any more! Can anyone give me any idea how to rescue him?
by weezie13 on August 13, 2005 04:36 AM
Kebab,
Hi, I'm not too well versed with house plants,
but I just wanted you to know that I was going
to move your post into the HOUSE PLANT SECTION,
I"m sure you'll get a few more responses in
there for your Aloe Plant.!!!

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Kebab on August 13, 2005 04:43 AM
Thanks a lot, any help would be greatly appreciated, as, this lil guy is a godsend for me when the mosquitoes attack - which is on a daily basis! (i have an allergic reaction to the bites and the aloe stuff is wonderfully soothing)

Thanks!
by gardenmom32210 on August 14, 2005 09:09 PM
What kind of conditions are you growing it in?

Loss of color could mean it's not getting enough light. I've noticed that my aloes outside have better coloration than the ones inside. The ones that get the most light also have firmer,larger leaves.

G-Mom [grin]
by D on August 29, 2005 12:48 AM
Gardenmom is right; when your aloe starts to get colorless it's cuz it isnt getting enough sun. I have my aloes outside and they are green as grass. If u have to keep it indoors I guess pick a place with lots and lots of sun. Oh and don't water too much either.

D
by Kath-pdx on August 29, 2005 04:27 AM
I miss my aloe!! I had a couple of great plants when I was in So Cal, but haven't dreamt of trying them here in the Pacific NW.

Kebab... Give 'em sun. Pluck those deliciously soothing leaves! Do it for all of us above the sunlight meridian!! [Smile]

Never accept an invitation from a stranger unless he offers you candy.--Linda Festa
by newlife on August 30, 2005 08:07 PM
Aloe is an independant plant, it likes to be left to it's devices, if you fuss with to much it will suffer for it. My poor aloe has had a rough life sence I got it early this summer, I started not giving it enough light- it's branches got all droopy, mushy, and dark. then I over watered stripping away all the roots. It looked just miserable until I took it outside in the sun and left it to take care of itself. I just repotted it and it has huge roots, and bright color, all it's branches pointing to the sun. The lesson with Aloe is less is more, give it as much sunlight as possible, and only a small amount of water now and then, and leave it alone. They are nearly indestructable if you just let it be. I am amazed my plant is still alive, several times I didn't think it would make it.
by littlebrandygal on August 31, 2005 11:04 PM
my Auntie gave me a starting of aloe Vera plant ..the roots are gone ..how do i get it restarted..anyone know.--thanks

DeeDee
by littlebrandygal on August 31, 2005 11:43 PM
Can anyone HELP me ..i have an Aloe Vera plant that has no roots..how do i get it to restart it's self..I had a friend to tell me to put one in water and it would root it killed that one.And i really hate to loose this one..can anybody tell me if i can save this poor little plant .
Thanks
[tears]

DeeDee
by newlife on September 01, 2005 12:21 AM
I am no expert but I said I lost all the roots on mine. I just took the bare stalk and dipped it into a rooting medium following the directions on the package,and put it back into the cactus soil. I didn't water it for several weeks, and then only sparingly. I have nice big roots again.
by littlebrandygal on September 01, 2005 12:35 AM
Thank you NewLife i will try that see if it works for me.thank you so much.hopefuly it will..I just hate to loose my Aloe Vera plant..I don't have any problems growing out side but in side that's where i have no green thumb at all.lolololo.
but thanks for helping me out.
Thanks
DeeDee

DeeDee

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: aloe plant help...please!| Next thread: Aloe Plants »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: