The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

I know this is dumb but I need help.

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: i know it's early| Next thread: I LOVE CHERVIL!! »
Back to Thread index
by Celena0056 on August 09, 2005 11:35 AM
Hey~My friend gave me a philodendron that she tried to root with water, too much of a good thing right? Anyway, it almost died so she gave it to me to take care of and the leaves are all wilty, there is new growth but is there anything I can do? It's growing kind of slow for this type of plant any ideas? ANy are appreciated!
THANKS
by MaryReboakly on August 10, 2005 08:29 AM
Hi Celena! Sure wish I knew how to help, but I don't know the answer to your question. I'm sure someone will be through soon that can help though. [Smile]

-
 -
by Celena0056 on August 11, 2005 12:34 AM
Thanks though!
by Will Creed on August 11, 2005 08:55 AM
Hi Celena,

Not all cuttings take root. Make sure it gets lots of bright light and change the water evrey week. Use filtered water if your tap water is on the hard side.
by Bekah on August 11, 2005 10:29 PM
I take cuttings off my spotted philodendron, once I was trimming and just stuck the trimmings back in the dirt with the original plant. I didn't think they would live, but I had plenty so I just got lazy about it. These did better than any others. If you are getting new growth its a good sign, your plant may just need some time to recover. If you think the plant might die try saving the healthy young part. You might try taking the top few inches off and and rooting them in a sterile meduium with a little rooting hormone.
by Francine on August 13, 2005 12:44 PM
Hi Celena,

i was just reading a couple a minutes ago a wonderful site about aroids(it s also known as philodendron family),very interresting and i hope it can help you,here s the addy:

www.aroid.org

if it does not work try puting an s at aroid cuz i just memorized the addy,didn t write it.

could luck!

http://photobucket.com/albums/d23/fv1962/
by Celena0056 on August 16, 2005 12:00 AM
Thanks everyone, I will try all your ideas and let you know what happens, thank you!
~Celena
by Celena0056 on August 17, 2005 12:00 AM
My philodendron isn't quite so droopy, but should I move it to a room with more light then the one it is in now? It is facing west and is doing ok.
~Celena

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: i know it's early| Next thread: I LOVE CHERVIL!! »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: