The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

yellowing morning glories

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2002
« Prev thread: Yellowing Lily| Next thread: Yellowing of leaves »
Back to Thread index
by CAS on September 04, 2002 08:39 AM
Hello - My morning glories did great all summer with a beautiful blooming. However, now all the leaves are turning yellowish and it's not close to being cold; weather is still hot and sunny. Please help.
by Newt on September 12, 2002 12:34 AM
If the veins are green but the leaf is yellow, you have a magnesium deficiency. Add some epsom salt around the base of the plant (about 1/2 cup) and water in.

Newt

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

by Plant Doctor on September 12, 2002 02:34 AM
There are many things that can cause the leaves to turn yellow, with no way of knowing exactly what is going on with your plant I will name a few.

1. It could be chlorotic, simply give it a shot of fertilizer to help.
2.Heat stress.
3.Too much water
4. Root rot (usually associated with too much water)
5. A little critter called a cut worm, it eats away at the base of the plant girdling it.
6. Round Up or other chemical damage. (Believe it or not I do see this at least once a week in the field)
7. Mulching to heavily at the base of the plant. This will allow moisture to start to rot away the stem of the plant.

Hope these help.
Mike

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Yellowing Lily| Next thread: Yellowing of leaves »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: