The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Peace lily

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Peace lily| Next thread: Peace Lily »
Back to Thread index
by jesussaves on November 09, 2004 02:50 PM
I have a great looking peace lily that has been doing just great since i moved it from my south window to my north window. My question is that some of the leaves have gone just a little yellow on some of the edges (not many)and then brown. Should I cut these off? And where abouts do I clip off the affected leaves. Other than those few slightly brown leaves, it's doing great. New leaves are constantly growing, and it flowered about 2 weeks ago, and it is still in bloom, and now I've got a 2nd flower coming!
Also, can you make clippings from these plants?
thanks! [grin]

POBODIES NERFECT
by Jiffymouse on November 09, 2004 07:06 PM
i clip my peace lily leaves as far down the stem as i can reach. but actually, as long as you clip to the stem, it's ok
by Will Creed on November 10, 2004 10:21 PM
Michelle,

Nope, you can't propagate peace lilies from cuttings; only by division or seed.
by jesussaves on November 11, 2004 01:11 AM
thanks for those replies! Should I be removing all the leaves that have these yellow and brown edges? Other than that bit of discolouration, the rest of the leaf looks and feels healthy, but some of them also have random splits and tears in them, sometimes right in the middle of the leaf. I guess I'm afraid to cut off so many leaves when it's finally looking nice and full, and blooming with 2 flowers on it. (That's a big deal to me!! [Embarrassed] [Roll Eyes] )
Any help is muchly appreciated!!
Michelle

POBODIES NERFECT
by Jiffymouse on November 11, 2004 04:06 AM
trimming the leaves is strictly a preference thing. if you trim it, it will be replaced, but some damage to the leaves is normal, kinda like wear and tear on us!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Peace lily| Next thread: Peace Lily »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: