The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Bone Meal for Iris

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Bonavillas| Next thread: Bonsai »
Back to Thread index
by TheGardenerGuy on April 14, 2006 07:23 AM
I just spread some bone meal on all our bearded iris...I read somewhere that this is good for them. [flower]
Does anyone else do this? [dunno]

Greg [wavey] [angel]

Happy Easter Everyone! [wavey] [gabby]

-  -
In the midst of the storm..I find the greatest Peace. I don't know what tomorrow holds..but i know Who holds tomorrow. [angel]
by dodge on April 14, 2006 07:43 AM
I use Bonemeal to plant all my bulbs.. Put it right it the hole and add water.. Helps make better roots, I understand....

It wont harm them to put it on. All plants neeed feed..Except Christmas cactus.. i read that it requires nothing in the soil..

Dodge

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''
by patches1414 on April 14, 2006 10:52 AM
When I plant my irises, I dig a hole, fill it with loose soil and add some Bonemeal, then I set the rhizome on top of the soil at ground level. I sprinkle lightly with soil and leave a bit of the rhizome exposed.

patches [kitty]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by eClaire on April 15, 2006 08:00 AM
Can you add bonemeal after the fact? I didn;t use any and have irises and bulbs that need feeding, can I just mix some in the soil? Thanks.

Claire

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Bonavillas| Next thread: Bonsai »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: