The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

guiena hen flowers

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Guides to Growing Carnivorous Plants| Next thread: gum balls »
Back to Thread index
by porter57 on April 08, 2006 12:17 AM
anyone have any idea when these should sprout?
i ordered some and some hardy glads last year and
my order bounced around the seller and then took a long time with ups to get here.the bulbs were kinda bad looking with some mold on some of them.
(both kinds of bulbs looked kinda bad) i planted em anyway and have yet to see any sign of growth.
im in st louis zone 5
by tkhooper on April 08, 2006 12:44 AM
my glads aren't showing above ground yet either and they did great last year and I'm in zone 7 so definitely nothing to worry about yet. Probably in zone 5 it will be nearer to summer.

-
 -
by Triss on April 08, 2006 01:41 AM
My glads sprouted closer to May last year when I was in Zone 5. This year they in Zone 8 are just barely popping out of the ground this week. Think you are still ok on time.

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by porter57 on April 08, 2006 02:05 AM
kinda watching and hoping
hate to go thru getting a refund from the vendor
glads that sprouted did so early as we had a warm spell. i have planted many more since then.
im more concerned with the guinea hen flowers as if they are to bloom in may ,they are gonna have to have a very fast growth spurt.
by patches1414 on April 08, 2006 02:14 AM
Hey porter, I think I would give them a little more time. I've got some things that aren't up yet and they were by this time last year. I quit ordering from the catalogs because it's such a hassle [Frown] and then you've also lost a year of growth time. [Frown] [Frown]

patches [kitty]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by dodge on April 09, 2006 08:25 AM
Glads in zone 5 and 6 do not appear till mid summer......It is too early yet.. zone 6 and we still had snow today.

too early ........

dodge

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''
by JV on April 10, 2006 02:09 AM
Triss it is so strange we are in the same growing zone and I live (8a)so much further south then you. Also my sister in New Mexico is in zone 6b. A lot colder there in winter then here. Strange how the growing zones go.
Jimmy

-
 -
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says.
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-
by Triss on April 10, 2006 02:17 AM
That is pretty strange Jimmy. The zones are based on freezes though aren't they? We get about as cold, but certainly have different growing seasons. I am just now thinking of planting tomatoes and just starting to harden off plants and you are in full grow season already.

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Guides to Growing Carnivorous Plants| Next thread: gum balls »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: