The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Bamboo Plant

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Bamboo Palm becoming| Next thread: Bamboo trouble »
Back to Thread index
by sthelens on March 30, 2005 04:54 PM
i have a bamboo plant in a pot growing like a pyramid with sponge in the bottom where it gets watered the leaves have started to go yellow WHY? can anyone help. how do i get a photo on here?
by Sheri&Kiki on March 31, 2005 02:59 PM
Hi, Sthelens! Welcome to the forum! As for your plant, would it happen to be the "lucky bamboo"?
If so, how long has it been in water? If you could give us a few more details, it would shed some light on what the problem possibly could be.
Let us know! [wayey]

-
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
by sam314 on March 31, 2005 10:47 PM
I don't know about the photo but...
as far as the bamboo plant goes, are you using soft water? Most indoor plants don't like the extra sodium. Use straight raw (tap) water. More detail would definitely help...

God Bless,
Sam
Prov. 3:5-6
by sthelens on March 31, 2005 11:36 PM
Thanks for the advice .It is a 3 tier lucky bamboo I have just been putting tap water in the bowl when sponge starts to dry up it is in a light but not direct sun place.Do you think it could be the central heating.If i leave it do you think it will go back green or have the leaves that have gone yellow died.Much appreciated [nutz]
by Sheri&Kiki on April 01, 2005 05:36 AM
Hi! I just PM'ed you about your plant. And realized I completely forgot to mention one thing...fertilizer. Perhaps a quarter to half strength feeding of a liquid plant food would give it some nutrients it may be lacking.
I mist mine with a quarter strength solution about every 2 weeks, and it gets the tap water mist at least once a day, along with my other dracaenas...they love it! [Love] [wayey]

-
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
by sthelens on April 01, 2005 01:22 PM
Thanks Sheri & Kiki I will try planting it in soil.Do I just use compost?. I have trimmed all the yellow leaves off like you said it looks better all ready.I noticed some new green shoots coming up from the yellow ones.A couple of the stems have gone yellow half way down as well,hope it recoversI will give it some plant food. cheers [flower]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Bamboo Palm becoming| Next thread: Bamboo trouble »
Back to Thread index