The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Paris Puffins?

Willy's Place » Members Favorite Recipes
« Prev thread: Par-cel Picture finally| Next thread: Parlor Palm »
Back to Thread index
by Merme on November 22, 2004 03:18 AM
Hi all ~

In the mid-1960's, my sister Ro found a recipe for simple-to-make but delicous muffins called Paris Puffins. She made them by the millions, then went off to college. We lost the recipe and forgot how they were made. I've had no success in tracking down any information about them as we can't even remember which product we routinely bought that had the recipe enclosed.

Has anyone else heard of them and have any suggestions on finding out about them or glory be, actually have the recipe?

Thanks!
Merme

-
 -

"In the midst of winter, I learned there lives in me an invincible summer" Camus (maybe a paraphrase)
by gardenmom32210 on November 22, 2004 02:53 PM
Could this be it?

Paris Puffins

Recipe By : Betty Crocker's Merry Makings
Serving Size : 12

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/3 cup soft shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup butter -- melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Heat oven to 350. Grease 12 medium muffin cups. Mix thoroughly shortening, suga
r and egg. Blend flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; add alternately with mi
lk. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Immediately roll in melte
d butter, then in mixture of sugar and cinnamon. Serve hot.

G-Mom [grin]
by Merme on November 22, 2004 03:25 PM
Gardenmom, You Are The Best! [thumb] [thumb]

How did you figure it out??! I've been searching for years for that recipe because I want to write it out in calligraphy on fancy paper and give it to my sister, perhaps framed or done in decoupage. She will love having that tasty childhood treat brought back to her again! And now I can't wait to make them for my house!

ThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyou!
[kissies]
Merme

-
 -

"In the midst of winter, I learned there lives in me an invincible summer" Camus (maybe a paraphrase)
by gardenmom32210 on November 22, 2004 03:30 PM
You're very welcome [Cool]

I'm just lucky my brain is working enough for me to remember not only the name but where I saw it [nutz] [Big Grin]

G-Mom [grin]
by Merme on November 22, 2004 03:52 PM
It may only be one of those quirky things of childhood memory, but I believe these are really GOOD! Haven't eaten one since 1970, but even so, I'd recommend you try them out. Ro used to whip them up in no time at all and us kids loved them.

Your brain is AMAZING! [thumb]

Merme

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Par-cel Picture finally| Next thread: Parlor Palm »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: