The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

My Tulip :(

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: my transplants made it!!!!| Next thread: my unhappy rosemary »
Back to Thread index
by SassyManal on April 05, 2006 05:08 AM
My tulip's petals fell off last week. Will they grow back or would i have to another one? I'm waiting to see if anything will grow back but it doesn't look like it.
by flycats on April 05, 2006 05:11 AM
I'm assuming it bloomed fully already? no they don't come back!

The cat's asleep, I whisper "kitten", until he stirs a little and begins to purr.
by SassyManal on April 05, 2006 05:13 AM
oh well. Thxs
by tkhooper on April 05, 2006 07:57 AM
don't cut them back though. Their leaves are how they gather energy for next years blooms.

-
 -
by peppereater on April 05, 2006 10:55 AM
Tulips are fragile, and it's amazing how often a spring storm will blow off all the flower petals. Sad, but they should bloom for at least several years before you need to divide or start with fresh bulbs.

-
Dave
Even my growlights are getting restless!
by Needlepoint142 on April 09, 2006 02:09 AM
Unfortunately, in my area tulip bulbs taste yummy to moles, voles, etc. We have to plant the bulbs every year like an annual because of all the hungry critters. We've tried all sorts of things including poisoned peanuts and wire cages around the bulbs.

Daffodils taste nasty to the critters so they grow like weeds.

Needlepoint142
by TomR on April 09, 2006 07:16 AM
Tulips are better pulled out each year and replaced with new one's in the fall. The second year you won't get all of them to bloom. I toss mine in the far backyard and throw stuff (twigs,rocks,prunings,etc.) on them all year. Over the next few years they start blooming again and I have a nice wild tulip garden.

Tom

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: my transplants made it!!!!| Next thread: my unhappy rosemary »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: