The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Need some ideas!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Need some how to's...| Next thread: Need some ideas.... »
Back to Thread index
by keylime on April 02, 2006 12:04 AM
Anyone have any ideas for what to plant under in and around spreading wave petunias? The reason I want to do this is that in the summer when it's hot and dry, the petunias get ragged looking, and I was thinking that if I planted something else compatible with them that loves hot, summer weather the latter would come thru and shine during that time, and keep my bed looking great all the way til fall. The petunias are purple so a compatible color would be needed. They are also in partial shade in the afternoon so a less-than-full sun plant would be good. Was thinking maybe ganzias, but they might be too low. Thanks for any ideas!!! [flower]
by tkhooper on April 02, 2006 01:53 AM
What about portulaca? It's short but I don't think that would be a problem because you only want them to show in the bald spots right?

-
 -
by porter57 on April 02, 2006 03:30 AM
i love to mix it in under my taller plants.
and even though its listed as an annual,mine seem to reseed every year.
ill go out and turn the soil and plant what i want and soon ill see the little red and green seedlings come up,nice little understory effect.
by dodge on April 02, 2006 09:54 PM
How about white Assylums.....I put those in my hanging basket last summer and boy was it nice.. About 6 inches tall and they fill in like crazy. They are so easy to grow..bushy types we use lots for edging.

dodge

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Need some how to's...| Next thread: Need some ideas.... »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: