The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

gardenia tree questions

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Gardenia Tree| Next thread: Gardenia veitchii »
Back to Thread index
by late bloomer on April 01, 2006 02:18 PM
I have two gardenia trees (about 4') that I have wintered in my west facing studio with a grow light and natural light giving them 8 hours of light every day, cooler nights in the 60's and kept moist, not wet, with acid-rich watering. In the last couple of weeks, too early to put back outside, their leaves have browned and fallen off although their is substantial immature budding on most branches and tips. Oh, and frequent misting.

Is this condition normal for this time of year in the midwest?

Bill
by patches1414 on April 01, 2006 03:35 PM
Hi Bill! [wavey]

Welcome to the Forum! I'm sorry I don't have the answer to your question, [dunno] but I'm sure there are people here who will be able to answer it. Glad to have you aboard. [muggs]

Have a beautiful day! [flower] [flower] [flower]

patches [kitty]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by mrsmessy on April 01, 2006 09:35 PM
Welcome to the forum Bill [wavey]

You may find your answer in the gardenia thread down in container gardening. If that doesn't answer your question you could post it again in plants and shrubs - you'll have lots of folks willing to help. Good luck and happy gardening. [flower] [flower] [flower] [flower] [flower]

-
Bev
by late bloomer on April 01, 2006 10:56 PM
Thank you, both. Now, being a neophyte, can you tell me how to locate 'container gardening' on the site? My cyber skills are often as limited as my gardening/nurturing skills.

Bill

Bill
by afgreyparrot on April 01, 2006 10:59 PM
Hi, Bill..... [wavey]
Welcome to the forum!

I moved your topic down here so more people that know about Gardenias might be able to help you!

Nice to meet you...

Cindy

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Gardenia Tree| Next thread: Gardenia veitchii »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: