The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

house plant knats

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: House Plant Help| Next thread: House plant mystery. »
Back to Thread index
by jwheim on October 23, 2004 07:23 PM
How can I get rid of those pesky, tiny knats that live in my house plants?
by catlover on October 23, 2004 07:31 PM
Hi jwheim...welcome to the Garden Helper [wayey]
Yippie... another member from California!!! [muggs]
I had those fungus gnat too....pain in the rear to say the least. My guess is your watering habits.... go to the top of the page and you will see a google box....type in "fungus gnats" and you will get plenty of info you need to solve your problem.

If you have further questions about the gnats...come back to this post and ask away! [thumb]
Catlover [wayey]

-
 -
 -
by duckie on October 23, 2004 10:12 PM
[wayey] welcome j

I have problems with those gnats too.I just cover the soil with cinnamon.I don't know why it works, but it does.And it smells pretty darn good too.

[grin]

-
 -
by loz on October 23, 2004 11:20 PM
Hi......I too was infested with them back in the summer.....wish I would've know the cinnamon trick back then.......one thing you can do to help kill some of the ones flying around is to fill some plastic cups up with water and dishwashing liquid......At one point I had about 10 cups scattered through the house, and one morning I woke up and there was about 30 dead ones in one cup.....I put the cups next to the plants that were infested the most and they'd land on the bubbles and die........but you also don't want them laying more eggs in the soil....so I'd definetely try the cinammon trick and see what that does....I'm storing that little bit of info into the back of my brain for next year..... [thumb]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: House Plant Help| Next thread: House plant mystery. »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: