The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

HELP... HAD FIRE, NEED PLANTS

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by kvouge on January 20, 2006 07:42 AM
Hello all, we had a fire in part of our house and lost all my houseplants. Am sick about it. [Frown]
Does anyone know of a site that I can get free seedlings or small plants etc., from to restart again?
Thanks all.
Karen
[wavey]
by Marian on January 20, 2006 08:06 AM
I do want to extend my sympathy for your loss !

Do you have friends or relatives with houseplants ? They should be more than happy to get you started again .

-
by MissJamie on January 20, 2006 08:21 AM
hi there. I can send you some spider plant babies if you want some. you don't have to worry about postage I'll cover it. I'll just need you to pm me your address. sorry about the fire! also if you go to the seed exchange part of this site you can type in that you need plants because you lost yours in a fire and I'm sure lots of the really nice people here will probably help out!

-
 -
*~*Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts.
*~* http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2125497034
by cinta on January 20, 2006 03:54 PM
I could pack you a box of cuttings for postage. PM me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/audwoman/

If you want the rainbow you have to put up with the rain!!
by kvouge on January 21, 2006 12:54 AM
Thank you all for your kindness. I will check out the seed section and I did pm the others. Thank you again. I am lost without my plants!
Karen
by margaret e. pell on January 21, 2006 08:05 AM
I have a few cuttings I could send. I can't imagin life without houseplants and you must have lost so much more. Are you, family, pets, safe and ok? If you need more than some plants, you can say that, too.

-

may God bless the WHOLE world!
by comfrey on January 21, 2006 02:38 PM
I don't know if you like cactus, but I can send you one...Just PM if interested.

-
 -
by Carly on January 21, 2006 06:58 PM
Is it possible that your roots are still good? I don't think a fire would have got through the soil.

-
When sorting seeds, do not whistle.
by Carly on January 21, 2006 07:00 PM
If you'd like, I'll pack up a few kalanchoe leaves and send 'em. They're easy to get going.

It's a lot easier than trying to send a plant (I don't have any plants I want to part with anyway -I have plans for each of them.)

Send me your addresson the PM. I don't have any seeds right now - I didn't save a whole lot at the end of the summer.

-
When sorting seeds, do not whistle.
by Marian on January 21, 2006 10:53 PM
I'm not good at sending plants , but I am wondering if they can be sent in the middle of winter ? Wouldn't they freeze ?

-
by Kareena on January 24, 2006 09:14 AM
I have a quick question. What is/are kalanchoe leaves?

To err is human, to blame it on someone else shows management potential.
by kvouge on January 24, 2006 11:52 PM
Kareena, check out the link. That is what Kalanchoe leaves look like.
http://www.larose.com/TheFlorist/House_Plants/Kalanchoe_TF131-1.asp
by kvouge on January 24, 2006 11:54 PM
Thank you everyone for your replies and any plants/seeds you are sending. When I said we had a fire and I lost all my plants, they are all gone. Dead, no roots, believe me I checked.
Because most of you live in the US, there maybe problems sending over the border, or even at this time of the year. If you want to wait till summer no problem, for now I will have to try to get some starters from some friends etc.
Thank you all.
Karen
by Kareena on January 25, 2006 06:39 AM
Thank you kvouge. they are pretty.

To err is human, to blame it on someone else shows management potential.

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: